CARZ FOR GIRLZ: JOINING THE JEEP FAMILY - WHICH JEEP TO CHOOSE?
Thinking of abandoning your own family to join a new one? You won't find a more loyal driver-base than Jeep owners. Jeeps are the oldest off-road vehicle brand in history, used first as army 4-wheel drive cars in World War II and post-war years. 'Jeeping' is an actual verb used to describe the action and effect of a Jeep (use that in your next English paper), and you're referred to as a 'Jeeper' if you own one. (Wow –you'll get a new name if you join this clan!!!)
But not everyone who loves Jeeps knows how to use 4-wheel drive or take the car on a trail ride. In the last couple of years, Jeep has really come out with a lot of different styles to make the average driver a part of the pack. Here's a quick round up of The Best Jeeps for Girlz:
- Jeep Commander. This SUV is meant to replace the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer, but offer high-end design taste. Three words precisely describe the inside: premium, premium, and more premiums, such as chrome-accented knobs, wood and leather trim, and optional DVD, six-disc CD/MP3 player and GPS navigational systems. Highlights are three-row seating and the versatility of having 15 different seating/cargo configurations. Expect a solid, quite ride. Price range starts at $28,610 and can get into the high 40’s when loaded with upgrades.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee. Debuting in 1992, the Grand Cherokee often outshines its siblings and is known for its top-rated off-road capabilities. Highlights include a turbo diesel (CRD) engine that offers up to 30 percent improvement in fuel economy, getting a driver 19-mpg city and 23-mpg highway driving. The ride inside a Grand Cherokee delivers comfortable, precise seating. Base price for a Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with the 4.7-liter SOHC V8 is around $37,320.
- Jeep Compass. The Compass is Jeep's trendiest crossover, surprisingly big on the inside. It's not what you’d expect in a Jeep – it doesn’t have any real 4-wheel drive capacity – but still looks a part of an iconic brand. It boasts great gas mileage at 23-mpg city and 28-highway driving. Highlights include SIRIUS radio, MP3 jack, power outlets for computers or cell phone, and hands-free calling. Sporty handling. Pricing starts at $18,055.
- Jeep Patriot. You' get great gas mileage and a vehicle under $25k with the compact Patriot. It looks like a cross between the Compass and the Liberty, but with more rugged Jeep styling – it's meant to attract a new breed of buyers and is a lot like the Dodge Caliber. Highlights include a transmission called Freedom Drive I, which is a full-time 4WD system with a lockable center differential for deeper snow and other scary traction surfaces. Price is around is $22,535 with a gas mileage estimate of 23-mpg city and 26-mpg highway driving.
- Jeep Liberty. Introduced in 2002, there is no mistaking this small-size 4-door, 5-passenger sport utility vehicle is a Jeep. The Liberty doesn’t try to confuse the consumer with its configurations. There are two trims; the Sport and the Limited, so there are just four different ways (4WD or 2WD) to have your Liberty. Available options include a sunroof, leather upholstery, heated seats and a six-disc CD system. A navigational system, satellite radio and Bluetooth connectivity are also available. Price range for is around $7,170 for the Limited 4WD and $22,615 for the Sport 2WD. Fuel economy is 18-mpg city and 22-mpg highway driving
So there you have it! Deciding which Jeep would be best requires taking a look at your lifestyle and where you might be in the next couple of years. Will you be going to a college located in the snow – or just become a full-time ski bum? Do you want a vehicle that is smaller and saves gas, or something with a big engine that can fit all of your friends? Look here on The New Car Buyers Guide to make that final decision!
Carz4Girlz Close-ups and AdviceCarz4Girlz - Because Girls Are Car Crazy Too!
Joining the Jeep Family?
Talking and Texting - A BIG NO NO WHILE DRIVING!
Financial Mistakes and Saves
2008 SUV's You Parent Might Buy You!
SUV 101 - How to get your Parent to Buy You an SUV
2007 smart Car
2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (4'Wheel'n Info)
2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata
2005 MINI and MINI CooperS
2005 Audi tt
More to come, I promise.