Brazilian Stock Car Championship Report
9 November 1999Former F-1 driver Chico Serra is very close to clinching his first ever Brazilian Stock Car Championship this year.
With one second place and one win this weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Serra has now a 25 points advantage over Xandy Negro and 38 over Paulo Gomes.
Serra has to score 16 points to be the 1999 Stock Car Champion even if Xandy wins the 2 rounds in Interlagos.
If Xandy didn't finish one of the 2 races, Serra will already bechampion. With 40 possible points, the 25 points lead is very confortable for the So Paulo driver.Race Results Rio de Janeiro17th round:
1) Xandy Negro, 14 laps in 31min54s555
2) Chico Serra (SP), a 2s949;
3) Adalberto Jardim (SP), a 3s553;
4) Paulo Gomes (SP), a 6s260;
5) Carlos Alves, (SP), a 7s278;
6) Ingo Hoffmann (SP), a 9s248;
7) Flavio Trindade (PR), a 16s777;
8) Aloysio Andrade Filho (SP), a 17s716;
9) Rodney Felicio (SP) a 28s290
10) Ananias Justino (GO), a 35s536.
1) Chico Serra (SP), 10 laps in 21min58s046
2) Xandy Negro (SP), a 1s243;
3) Adalberto Jardim (SP) a 1s479;
4) Ingo Hoffmann, a 4s353;
5) Paulo Gomes (SP), a 20s435;
6) Carlos Cunha (SP), a 32s480;
7) Ananias Justino (GO), a 38s521;
8) Srgio Ruas (SP), a 1min10s538;
9) Fausto Rezende (SP), a 1min22s713.
CHAMPIOSHIP STANDINGS1. Serra - 242 points2. Xandy Negro - 217 3. Paulo Gomes - 2044. Ingo Hoffmann - 1545. Adalberto Jardim - 144 pts