Global Battery Separators Market Report 2024: Rising Trend of Adopting Low-Carbon and Less Fossil Fuel-Based Economy and Ongoing Renewable Energy Revolution
DUBLIN, Feb. 1, 2024 -- The "Global Battery Separators Market by Battery Type (Lead Acid and Li-ion), Material (Polyethylene and Polypropylene), Technology (Dry and Wet), End-Use (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Industrial), and Region - Forecast to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global battery separators market is on an unwavering trajectory of growth, expected to burgeon from its current valuation of USD 6.3 billion in 2023 to an impressive USD 13.0 billion by 2028.
With a forecasted Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.7% during this period, the market is responding to escalating demands for sophisticated energy storage solutions and a parallel upsurge in research and development initiatives.
The polypropylene material segment, in particular, is anticipated to clinch the second-largest share in the market. Its proliferation in the automotive and marine industries, coupled with its expanded application in the fashion apparel and healthcare devices sectors, is bolstering its growth. Electric vehicle batteries, a major application area for polypropylene separators, are undergoing rapid adoption, contributing significantly to the market dynamics.
In terms of battery types, lithium-ion batteries are poised to command substantial market share due to their high capacity and lightweight construction. These batteries are cornerstones in the automotive and consumer electronics industries, well-regarded for their efficient manufacturing processes and reduced CO2 emissions profile. The surge in preference for mobile devices that boast quick charge times and extended use is further propelling the market forward.
The consumer electronics sector within the end-use category continues to register a high demand for battery separators. The pervasive deployment of lithium-ion batteries in myriad gadgets, including portable computers, smartphones, and tablets, aligns with the eco-friendly and high energy density traits that consumers and manufacturers alike are seeking.
Regionally, Europe stands out as a significant player with Germany at the forefront, largely due to the robust automotive sector characterized by the burgeoning demand for electric vehicles. The country's commitment to renewable energy transitions augments the regional market's position, underpinning the sustained growth of the battery separators market in Europe.
Comprehensive analysis of the market dynamics, including drivers such as the increased adoption of lithium-ion batteries in renewable energy, the rising tide of electric vehicle usage, and the surge in consumer electronics demand, offers vital intel for stakeholders.
Challenges like the need for efficient storage and transportation of batteries and the lack of supportive infrastructure in emerging economies are also explored in the report. Opportunities arising from the utilization of batteries in energy storage and active R&D in battery separators further enrich the market landscape.
Highlights from the report include:
- A deep dive into key market trends, technological innovations, and research and development activities shaping the future of battery separators.
- A stratified examination of growth opportunities across diverse geographic regions and insights into profitable market segments.
- Competitive assessments that scrutinize market shares, strategic growth maneuvers, and product portfolios of leading industry players.
This deep-dive market analysis is poised to offer an unparalleled perspective to industry stakeholders, amplifying their understanding of the competitive landscape and guiding informed decision-making to leverage market tendencies and drivers.
- Increasing Adoption of Lithium-Ion Batteries in Renewable Energy Sector
- High Growth of EVs and Plug-In Vehicles Sector
- Surge in Demand for Consumer Electronics
- Safety Concerns Related to Lead-Acid and Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Lack of Government Support and Infrastructure in Emerging Economies
- Increasing Demand for Energy Storage Devices
- Growing R&D for Battery Separators
- Maintaining Uniformity in Quality of Materials
Case Study Analysis
- Use of Non-Porous Separator to Enhance Safety of Lithium Metal Anode Batteries
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Bernard Dumas
- Cangzhou Mingzhu Plastic Co. Ltd.
- Delfortgroup AG
- Hebei Gellec New Energy Science & Technology Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills Limited
- Hollingsworth & Vose
- Nanografi Nano Technology
- Sk Ie Technology Co. Ltd
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Teijin Limited
- Sinoma Science & Technology Co. Ltd.
- Ube Corporation
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Shanghai Energy New Materials Technology Co. Ltd.
- W-Scope Corporation
- B&F Technology
- Coperion GmbH
- Microtex Energy Private Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/h15nfx
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/539438/Research_and_Markets_Logo.jpg
SOURCE Research and Markets