This Week in Travel News: 12 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including the best camping spots in each U.S. region and a new world record in travel.
NEW YORK, May 19, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Vrbo Unveils the 2023 U.S. Vacation Homes of the Year
The 2023 Vacation Homes of the Year are all stunning, whole homes, ranging from idyllic lakeside escapes to cozy mountain retreats and desert paradises, and represent a variety of popularº vacation destinations and price points.
- Hawaiian Airlines Unveils Boeing 787 Dreamliner Cabin Design; Introduces Leihōkū Suites
Guests onboard Hawaiian's 787 – entering service beginning early next year on select routes – will be immersed in cabin design elements that evoke Hawaiʻi's rich natural world through bold textures, island-inspired sunrise and sunset lighting and sinuous ocean and wind patterns.
- Priceline Celebrates 25 Years with 25 Days Of Deals
Priceline's 25 Days of Deals showcases some of the best and most exciting elements of its leading travel marketplace – from offers on flights, hotels and rental cars, to instant VIP status upgrades, free cruises and many more exclusive deals.
- The Dyrt Announces the 2023 Best Places to Camp Regional Awards The 61 highly rated campsites — there was a tie for 10th in the Southeast — contained in these lists are located on both public lands and private property. They are within national and state parks, national grasslands and national lakeshores. Some are traditional campgrounds, others are resorts and RV parks, and of course there are dispersed areas and back country for the hardcore campers.
- PetSmart Helps Pet Parents Check Off Bucket List Adventures This Summer
Knowing that pet parents have a passion for exploring the great outdoors with their dogs by their side, PetSmart is inspiring dream summer adventures with the new Arcadia Trail Summer Bucket List Contest in which 10 pet parents will win the ultimate road-trip vacation with their dog. PetSmart also is gearing up pet parents with new products from the outdoor-focused Arcadia Trail collection as well as expert tips to help keep pets safe while adventuring.
- Travelport and Adventureman Set a New World Record, Visiting the 7 Wonders of the World in Less than 7 Days
The challenge was set to Adventureman by Travelport in order to put the company's modern retail platform, Travelport+, to the test, proving that the company's technology allows its travel agency partners to simply plan, book and manage even the world's most complex trip.
- Toys"R"Us® Takes Flight: WHP Global and Duty Free Americas Partner to Open First Toys"R"Us Airport Store
Jerome Falic, CEO of Duty Free Americas, said, "Toys"R"Us is a globally recognized brand beloved by millions of families, and we are confident that the store at DFW will become a must-visit destination for travelers."
- GuideGeek, Michael Motamedi Team Up for First Travel Show Where AI Calls All the Shots No Fixed Address is an original web series in which Michael, his wife and 18-month-old daughter will travel the world for more than six months using GuideGeek's AI travel assistant to make every decision along the way. From what countries to visit, to where to stay and eat, Michael plans to leave it all up to the AI.
- SPAM® Museum, International Museum Day Go Hand in Hand
"It's always an honor to welcome visitors from all over the world," said Savile Lord, manager of the SPAM® Museum, Hormel Foods. "A lot of people seem go out of their way to get here. We even have people that change travel plans on the spot once they realize the SPAM® Museum is within driving distance. There's no museum in the world quite like it."
- Travel Lemming Takes on AI Chatbots, Unveils Human-Picked USA Summer Bucket List Showcasing the depth of America's diversity, the list features a Bavarian Village in Washington, a tiger sanctuary in Colorado, the world's largest musical instrument in Virginia, and a ghost town in the Nevada desert.
- Petite Retreats Opening Tiny House Container Village Near Wisconsin Dells
Yukon Trails Camping Resort invites the public as they showcase how fun it can be to vacation in an innovative and sustainable tiny house container rental surrounded by large pines and massive oak trees.
- Lured by Lower Gas Prices, Americans Want to Travel This Summer, but Remain Cautious After a grueling summer at the pump last year, it's clear that Americans are tempted to get back out on the road. In fact, less than half of survey respondents (45%) said high gas prices were affecting their road trip plans this year – in 2022, that number was 70%.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Air Canada.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire