This Week in Environment News: 9 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including SAS's efforts to protect sea turtles and a new sustainable olive farm.
NEW YORK, May 12, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- SAS seeks crowd-driven AI to protect endangered sea turtles in Galapagos
Through an app called ConserVision, citizen scientists are invited to match images of turtles' facial markings to help train a SAS computer vision model. Once the model can accurately identify turtles individually, researchers will have valuable information more quickly to better track each turtle's health and migratory patterns over periods of time.
- Pompeian® Unveils the First Sustainably Grown® Certified Olive Farm and Olive Oil in North America
Pompeian is the first olive oil brand in North America, and currently the only in the world, to have a Sustainably Grown® Certified olive farm and olive oil.
- World Bee Day May 20 - How to Help Your Local Bees
"You don't need a large garden to help your local bees," says Kelly Martin from gardening website Urban Garden Gal. "Grow some flowers in containers, plant a flowering tree or replace part of your lawn with clover to give bees a valuable source of food."
- Honeywell Introduces UOP eFining™ Technology for New Class of Sustainable Aviation Fuel
Honeywell's UOP eFining is a methanol to jet fuel (MTJ) processing technology that can convert eMethanol to eSAF reliably and at scale. The technology is efficient, resulting in high-yield eSAF production at a lower cost relative to comparable technologies.
- Mast Reforestation announces securing $15M in project financing from Carbon Streaming to accelerate reforestation efforts post wildfire
This first-of-its-kind project financing will cover the high upfront costs of reforestation projects, accelerating Mast's forest restoration work and enabling the company to serve more landowners affected by wildfires.
- Dow's Seadrift, Texas location selected for X-energy advanced SMR nuclear project to deliver safe, reliable, zero carbon emissions power and steam production
The project is expected to reduce the Seadrift site's emissions by approximately 440,000 MT CO2e/year. Dow and X-energy will now prepare and submit a Construction Permit application to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission ("NRC"), an important milestone to bringing the project to fruition.
- Treasury Americas Leads United States Wine Industry with Largest On-Site Solar Installation Every Treasury Americas winery will receive over half of its electricity needs from on-site solar generation. The project will involve the installation of approximately 13,000 solar panels across Treasury Americas' properties, and when complete, the company's total on-site solar generation will be approximately 14.3 million kWh annually.
- ChrysaLabs Secures CA $15 Million ($11 Million) Series A Funding to Increase Instant Access to Reliable and Low-Cost Soil Insights, Including Carbon Verification A ChrysaLabs Probe™ combines three cutting-edge and patented technologies with AI machine learning to deliver real-time insights straight to the field. The sampling probe analyzes 40 different soil parameters to provide a precise overview of what is happening in the soil, at a lower cost than traditional soil testing.
- Clayton® Commits to Build All Residential Manufactured Homes to DOE Zero Energy Ready Home™ Specifications by End of 2023
These solar-ready homes, available to order in July 2023, will include enhanced energy efficiency features that significantly reduce energy costs for homeowners, while also supporting the company's broader sustainability goals.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for CECO Environmental Corp. and Local Bounti.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire