This Week in Tech News: 11 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new Opera browser and a SuperSlim laptop from LG.
NEW YORK, April 28, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Bring the Wizarding World to Your Palm with the Harry Potter Tamagotchi Nano
The Harry Potter Tamagotchi Nano invites fans on a spellbinding journey where nurturing the franchise's Fantastic Beasts is up to them. Feed, pet, and play four different mini-games to care for your magical creatures or they'll run away.
- Opera unveils Opera One, an entirely redesigned browser
Based on Modular Design, Opera One transforms the way you interact with your browser, delivering a liquid navigation experience which is more intuitive to the user. With today's release, Opera One also becomes the first major Chromium-based browser with a multithreaded compositor that brings the UI to life like never before.
- AI21 Labs Releases "Human or Not?", A Social Experiment Inspired by the Turing Test
Pairing up players with each other or with leading AI models, the game challenges users to guess who they are speaking to - a human or a bot.
- LG USA Announces Slimmest LG Gram Laptop Ever
Designed with ultra-portability in mind, LG's gram SuperSlim laptops measure at just .43-inches thick, making it the thinnest LG gram ever. Weighing just over 2 pounds and having passed seven tests for military-grade durability, the gram SuperSlim is made for those who are always on the move.
- Parents view technology education, digital literacy as essential classroom priorities, CompTIA Spark study reveals
"Technology curriculum can help parents and educators open students' minds to new learning opportunities and future careers," said Charles Eaton, CEO, CompTIA Spark.
- Steakholder Foods® 3D Bio-Prints First Ready-to-Cook Cultivated Grouper Fish
Unlike fully cultivated meat products which still require incubation and maturation after printing, the grouper fish product is ready to cook after printing, thanks to Steakholder Foods' unique technology that allows the mimicking of the flaky texture of cooked fish – a technology that is the subject of a provisional patent application.
- Backpack Launches First Solana xNFT Collection, Breaking Records and Showcasing an Opportunity for NFTs to Be More Than JPEGs and Reach a Mass Consumer Audience
Mad Lads were introduced as the cultural complement to Backpack's tech, with the mission of onboarding non-crypto natives, generating demand, and becoming a proof point for showcasing how NFTs can also be decentralized apps.
- Interactive AI Packaging to Revolutionize Shopping
The ground-breaking Hologram Concierge concept links an intelligent holographic assistant to packaging to offer a captivating and futuristic way for customers to interact with products.
- MIT Technology Review's Future Compute begins this weekend, April 30th
The two-day hybrid event will delve into several of the most talked about topics and issues facing CTOs and IT leadership today through the lens of "Digital Dexterity," including the cloud, machine learning, web3, chip wars, and the metaverse.
- Tomahawk Robotics Awarded FlexCSR (Flexible Cyber Secure Radio) Production Contract from the United States Navy
"The FlexCSR program is emblematic of where the military is moving; robotic platforms with more robust and versatile communication capabilities needed for the more sophisticated and challenging operating environments of the future," said Brad Truesdell, CEO of Tomahawk Robotics.
- Tile Unleashes Tile for Cats to Give Cat Owners Peace of Mind
With a 250-foot Bluetooth range, the Tile for Cats collar attachment gives cats the freedom to do as they please while giving cat parents peace of mind that felines who go missing aren't lost—and no time will be wasted looking for them.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for ADP, Microsoft, and Texas Instruments.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire