Holland America Line Set to Explore South America, Antarctica and the Amazon River in 2024-2025
Oosterdam and Zaandam offer cruises ranging from 14 to 27 days throughout the Southern Hemisphere
SEATTLE, April 3, 2023 -- From the colossal glaciers of Antarctica to the lush jungles of Brazil, Holland America Line's 2024-2025 South America season explores the diverse landscapes of the continent on destination-rich itineraries. From November 2024 through March 2025, Oosterdam offers cruises ranging from 14 to 22 days that visit exotic ports and offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences like visiting the Inca ruins of Macchu Pichu, rounding Cape Horn and sailing south to the world's most remote continent.
In February 2025, Zaandam sails the ultimate Amazon adventure with a 27-day itinerary roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that navigates the longest river in the world. The ship will traverse the two-toned meeting of the waters and journey along the Amazon River. This cruise adds a legendary voyage to Holland America Line's roster of itineraries that allow travelers to explore the world with a short drive or flight to departure.
"Holland America Line's South America cruises continue to attract travelers looking for those memorable experiences like the Amazon, Macchu Pichu and Antarctica, and South America delivers not only cultural immersion but also some of the most spectacular scenery in the world," said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer, Holland America Line. "Our perfectly sized ships make it possible to explore these remote locations and visit smaller ports that give our guests a unique perspective of the continent."
Highlights of the South America and Antarctica Season:
- 14-day "South America Passage" itineraries cruise between San Antonio (Santiago), Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina:
- Guests enjoy an overnight visit to Buenos Aires at the beginning or end of each cruise, giving extra time to take in a tango show and experience the nightlife of one of South America's most vibrant cities.
- Ports include Puerto Montt, Puerto Chacabuco and Punta Arenas, Chile; Ushuaia, Argentina; Stanley, Falkland Islands; and Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Stunning scenic cruising includes the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan, Beagle and Cockburn Channels, Glacier Alley and rounding Cape Horn.
- Departures: Dec. 1, 2024, and Feb. 19 and March 5, 2025.
- 17-Day "Panama Canal and Inca Discovery" cruises sail between Fort Lauderdale and San Antonio (Santiago):
- Two nights at Callao (Lima), Peru, allow extra time for guests to take an overland tour to Macchu Pichu.
- Calls in Grand Cayman, Panama, Ecuador, Peru and Chile, with an overnight at Fuerte Amador, Panama.
- A journey between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans with a transit through the lakes and locks of the famed Panama Canal.
- Departures: Nov. 14, 2024, and March 19, 2025.
- 22-Day "South America and Antarctica" itineraries cruise between San Antonio (Santiago) and Buenos Aires:
- An overnight visit to Buenos Aires at the beginning or end of each cruise.
- Calls in Uruguay, Argentina, Falkland Islands and Chile.
- Four memorable days exploring the vistas of Antarctica, guided by a naturalist who comes on board to point out penguin colonies and whale pods.
- Scenic cruising includes the Chilean fjords, Drake Passage, Beagle Channel and Glacier Alley.
- Departures: Dec. 15, 2024 (holiday cruise), and Jan. 6 and 28, 2025.
Highlights of the Amazon Explorer Cruise:
- 27 days, departing Feb. 8, 2025, aboard Zaandam:
- Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, making this legendary cruise to the Amazon possible with a convenient flight or short drive to the departing homeport.
- 12 total ports in the Caribbean and Brazil, as well as French Guiana.
- Caribbean islands include St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Dominica and Tortola.
- 5 ports throughout Brazil, including an overnight at Manaus at the heart of the Amazon.
- Several days cruising along the Amazon River with the famed "meeting of the waters" where the deep, dark Rio Nefro flows side by side with the sandy waters of the Amazon's Rio Solimões.
- Two equator crossings where guests and team members who've never crossed go from pollywog to shellback.
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when guests book 2024-2025 South America and Antarctica cruises with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi. Guests can also take advantage of Holland America Line's Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per stateroom when select cruises open for sale. Guests must book by June 5, 2023, to take advantage of the Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus.
For more information about Holland America Line, consult a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.
Editor's Note: Photos are available at https://www.cruiseimagelibrary.com/c/p5woozgg
Find Holland America Line on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the Holland America Blog. You can also access all social media outlets via the home page at hollandamerica.com.
About Holland America Line
Holland America Line, part of Carnival Corporation and plc , has been exploring the world for 150 years with expertly crafted itineraries, extraordinary service and genuine connections to each destination. Offering an ideal mid-sized ship experience, its fleet visits nearly 400 ports in 114 countries around the world and has shared the thrill of Alaska for 75 years — longer than any other cruise line. Holland America Line's 11 vessels feature a diverse range of enriching activities and amenities focused on destination immersion and personalized travel. The best live music at sea fills each evening at Music Walk, and dining venues feature exclusive selections from a Culinary Council of world-famous chefs.
CONTACT: Bill Zucker, Erik Elvejord
PHONE: 800-637-5029, 206-626-9890
EMAIL: [email protected]
SOURCE Holland America Line