This Week in Travel News: 11 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including the world's most popular cruises and tips for choosing the right summer camp.
NEW YORK, March 31, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Cruise Critic Names the World's Most Popular Cruises for 2023
"With the successful return of the cruise industry, and a global demand that continues to grow, this year's awards are positioned to be more important and impactful than ever before," said Colleen McDaniel, Editor-in-Chief of Cruise Critic.
- Choice Hotels Welcomes Zooey Deschanel As Its "Fairy Hotel Mother" In New, Multichannel National Marketing Campaign Where Travels Come True
The campaign promotes ChoiceHotels.com as an easy-to-use website, offering the best price guaranteed. By booking direct, travelers can find the right hotel with the right amenities at the right value for every type of stay.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Steps Up to the Plate as Official Hotel Partner of Minor League Baseball
Wyndham Rewards members will soon be able to redeem points for unprecedented access to all that MiLB has to offer, including: tickets to Minor League games, one-of-a-kind experiences such as throwing a first pitch, behind-the-scenes ballpark tours, batting practice field access and more.
- FROM CASTLES TO KICKS…New Wales Vacation Includes its Very Own "Welcome to Wrexham" Experience
On the new Welsh Escape, travelers will begin their journey in London. From there, they'll travel through the English countryside – including visits to Stonehenge and Bath – en route to Wales. Wales experiences include Cardiff Castle, Brecon Beacons National Park, Builth Wells, Llangollen, Snowdonia National Park, Caernarfon, Chester, and Manchester.
- Summer Camps Are Around the Corner: 4 Tips to Select the Right One for Kids
Samantha Stark, Senior Director of Life Time's Kids Programming, said, "Our Kids Camps provide a unique experience that helps kids build confidence, develop new skills, and have fun in a safe and secure environment."
- Royal Caribbean Lights Up Icon of the Seas with New Bars, Nightlife
Whether vacationers are looking for live music, like two pianists going head-to-head, or to bar hop for sips of coffee-infused cocktails or bubbly at a new walkup champagne bar, Icon will debut an unrivaled lineup when it sets sail in January 2024.
- Kelly Clarkson Announces Exclusive Las Vegas Engagement at Bakkt Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Designed exclusively for the Bakkt Theater (formerly Zappos Theater) stage, Kelly and her longtime band will immerse fans in an intimate music experience that spans her two-decade long catalog of award-winning hits.
- Disney Cruise Line and Singapore Tourism Board to Bring Magical Cruise Vacations to Southeast Asia
Under a recently signed Memorandum of Understanding, Disney Cruise Line and Singapore Tourism Board agreed to collaborate to homeport a brand-new Disney cruise ship exclusively in Singapore for at least five years beginning in 2025.
- Vail Resorts Introduces "My Epic Gear," Reimagining Gear Ownership and Gear Rental
My Epic Gear provides its members with the ability to choose the gear they want, for the full season or for the day, from a selection of the most popular and latest ski and snowboard models, and have it delivered to them when and where they want it, guaranteed, with free slopeside pick up and drop off every day.
- Sabre and American Airlines set to go live with NDC content
Starting on April 3, Sabre-connected travel buyers, agencies, and developer partners will be able to shop, book, and service American's NDC content, including paid seats, through Sabre's Offer and Order APIs, the agency point-of-sale tool, Sabre Red 360, and the online booking tool, GetThere.
- Travel Like the Hoff: Europe's Trainline App and Actor David Hasselhoff Team Up for Once in a Lifetime Chief Conductor Contest
One lucky winner will win the golden train ticket, receiving an epic European rail vacation created by 'The Hoff' and inspired by his extensive train travel abroad.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire