This Week in Energy News: 9 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a reactor in Georgia reaching criticality.
NEW YORK, March 10, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- bp Expands Natural Gas Certification to 100% of its U.S. Onshore Upstream Operations
The certification, completed in March 2023, gives bpx energy a more granular understanding of its methane intensity and source emissions, which enables ongoing and additional methane emissions reduction.
- Vogtle Unit 3 reaches initial criticality A reactor achieves criticality when the nuclear fission reaction becomes self-sustaining. Achieving initial criticality is necessary to continue the startup of the Unit in order to generate sufficient heat for the production of electricity.
- Vistra to Create "Vistra Vision," a Leading Zero-Carbon Generation and Retail Platform, Through the Acquisition of Energy Harbor
This combination creates a leading integrated retail electricity and zero-carbon generation company with the second-largest competitive nuclear fleet in the country, along with a growing renewables and energy storage portfolio.
- Honda's Zero Emission Stationary Fuel Cell Provides Back Up Power to a Data Center
The demonstration stationary fuel cell unit has a capacity of approximately 500 kW and reuses the fuel cell systems of previously leased Honda Clarity Fuel Cell vehicles, with a design that allows the output to increase every 250 kW packaged with four fuel cells.
- Tredence Launches Energy.AI
Tredence's Energy.AI solution offers a comprehensive suite of tools to help businesses streamline processes, minimize emissions, optimize consumption, and successfully attain their sustainability objectives.
- Cross Country Infrastructure Services Leads Innovation in Renewable Energy Construction Markets with Groundbreaking Construction Equipment
The Cross Country ALLU Blue Transformer Series (TS) Padding Buckets are used to process materials on site, to specification. The unique design of the buckets allows for increased productivity, reducing the amount of time needed for material processing.
- Bayou Bend Expands Carbon Capture Project to Onshore Southeast Texas The total acreage holds a gross storage capacity of more than one billion metric tons, positioning Bayou Bend to be a leading carbon transportation and storage solution for industrial emitters located in the Houston Ship Channel and Beaumont / Port Arthur region, one of the largest industrial corridors in the country.
- Ideanomics subsidiary US Hybrid, Mi-Jack to develop hydrogen powered rubber tire gantry crane
US Hybrid is managing all procurement, engineering and design work relating to the hydrogen propulsion kit.
- H2Pro and Sumitomo Corporation to partner on high efficiency production of green hydrogen and green ammonia
Green hydrogen, which does not emit carbon dioxide when utilized, is becoming widely accepted as a critical tool for achieving net zero. Integrating green hydrogen into hard-to-abate sectors like steel, ammonia, refineries, heavy transport and aviation is crucial.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Maxeon Solar Technologies and Vermilion Energy.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire