Ford Pro Celebrates One Year of E-Transit Helping Customers Shift to Electric
With telematics data from the past year, Ford Pro has uncovered some eye-opening sustainability data that will only increase as more E-Transit vans are adopted:
· To date, E-Transit has saved more than 745,000 gallons of gas and more than 4.3 million kg of CO2 as compared to its gas-powered Transit equivalent.
· Furthermore, driving an E-Transit™ low-roof van could have a 57% reduced CO2 output vs. the internal combustion equivalent over its lifetime.
But E-Transit is not just good for the environment, it has proven good for businesses in every corner of the economy:
· The Ford E-Transit van is the best-selling electric van in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
· In the U.S. 6,500 E-Transit vans were sold through December 2022.
o Deliveries have occurred in all 50 states.
· E-Transit represents roughly 61% of the electric van market today.
· Of the 30 vocations recognized by S&P Global Mobility, E-Transit is the current sales leader in 28 – including construction, retail, and government customers.
“Businesses looking to adopt battery electric technology is happening at a global scale, and E-Transit – along with the Ford Pro™ one-stop shop of software, services and charging solutions – is at the forefront of that revolution,” said Ted Cannis, Ford Pro CEO. “In its first year on the road, E-Transit has made an immediate impact, and we are just getting started.”
As demand for the vehicle rises, Ford announced last week it will be boosting E-Transit production at Kansas City Assembly Plant starting next month.