This Week in Energy News: 10 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including companies' efforts to help lower consumers' energy bills across the U.S.
NEW YORK, March 3, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- One of the Largest Known Lithium Deposits in US Identified at American Battery Technology Company Tonopah Flats Property
The large-tonnage nature of the deposit, combined with the company's internally-developed lithium extraction and hydroxide manufacturing techniques, makes it a potentially critical source of domestically produced lithium to meet increasing demand for lithium products.
- LG Energy Solution and Honda Break Ground for New Joint Venture EV Battery Plant in Ohio The facility is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2024, with plans to create 2,200 jobs, and the aim for approximately 40GWh of annual production capacity.
- SoCalGas Announces $10 Million to Support Low-Income Families, Seniors and Small Restaurant Owners Impacted by Unprecedented Regional Gas Market Prices "These contributions will provide much-needed relief for some of our most vulnerable residents at a time when cold temperatures make it harder to turn down the heat," said Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger.
- Independent Women's Forum Announces Launch of Center for Energy and Conservation
Importantly, the Center will connect the role our modern energy industry has played in successful environmental outcomes and in reducing poverty and creating prosperity in the United States and around the world.
- Mitsubishi Corporation invests in Swedish Biofuels
The technology produces fully formulated sustainable aviation fuel (FFSAF) from a variety of biogenic feedstocks. Swedish Biofuels FFSAF is different from other SAFs, as it is not a blend component but ready-to-use, real jet fuel.
- Duke Energy Florida files to save customers approximately $8.50 monthly due to lower fuel prices
If approved, the monthly bill for a typical residential customer using 1,000 kWh would be $190.56. The new rate will take effect beginning April 2023.
- EVE Energy to Increase the production Capacity of Power and Energy Storage Batteries to Meet the Rapid Growth of the Industry
Company Chairman Dr. Liu Jincheng commented that completing and commissioning the 6, 7, 8, and 9 sectional plants enables the company to possess sufficient production capacity for each product direction within the new energy industry chain.
- Piedmont Natural Gas reduces average residential customer bill by nearly $30 per year in North Carolina and South Carolina
Piedmont Natural Gas has received approval from the North Carolina Utilities Commission and the Public Service Commission of South Carolina to reduce customer billing rates due to a decrease in the market cost of natural gas compared to last fall.
- Next Bridge Hydrocarbons, Inc. Provides Operational Update
Next Bridge Hydrocarbons, Inc. provided an operational update on its development of its Orogrande Basin asset, the Orogrande Project, located in Hudspeth County, Texas.
- PSE&G Proposes Third Phase of Gas System Modernization Program that Strengthens the State's Infrastructure and Sustains Thousands of Jobs
The proposal includes plans for introducing renewable natural gas and hydrogen into PSE&G's gas system, supporting a balanced approach to decarbonization.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Southwestern Gas and Talos Energy.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire