2023: Hyundai IONIQ 5 Voted Top Electric SUV
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 18, 2023 – Adding to its extensive list of prestigious awards, the Hyundai IONIQ 5 was named the Edmunds Top Rated Electric SUV of 2023. The Edmunds Top Rated Electric SUV category includes segments across all mainstream, luxury, super luxury and performance electric SUVs. According to Edmunds, IONIQ 5 exemplifies the top qualities of an electric SUV: comfort, convenience, battery range and efficiency, and is a good value relative to others in its market segment.
The IONIQ 5 is photographed in Fountain Valley, Calif., on Dec. 7, 2021.
“It’s hard to think of another vehicle of any description that blends step-ahead design and real-world versatility to such brilliant effect,” said Alistair Weaver, Edmunds' editor-in-chief. “Spacious, comfortable, fun to drive and dripping with desirable tech, the Hyundai IONIQ 5 is the epitome of what an electric SUV should be.”
“IONIQ 5 continues to win awards from the most credible media outlets, and we couldn’t be more proud to receive this award from Edmunds,” said Ricky Lao, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor North America. “When shoppers visit Edmunds, they are going to discover the IONIQ 5’s outstanding range, retro design, and ultra-fast charging speed.”
Vehicles are rated and ranked by Edmunds based on the following criteria:
- Driving: Acceleration, braking, steering, handling, and drivability
- Comfort: Seat comfort, ride comfort, climate control, noise/vibration
- Interior: Ease of use, getting in/out, driving position, roominess, visibility
- Tech: Audio and navigation, device integration, voice controls, mobile web (as applicable) and driver aids (as applicable)
- Storage: Cargo space, small item storage, car seat accommodation, hauling/towing (as applicable to SUVs and/or trucks)
- Economy: EPA Fuel Economy ratings plus Edmunds’ independent testing. For EVs: EPA and Edmunds’ EV Range Test results
- Good Value: Build quality, cost, warranty, ownership benefits
- Wildcard: Subjective scores awarding extra points for vehicles that offer a uniquely compelling design, are fun to drive and have a unique personality, and/or provide intangible value
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America focuses on ?Progress for Humanity’ and smart mobility solutions. Hyundai offers U.S. consumers a technology-rich lineup of cars, SUVs, and electrified vehicles. Our 830 dealers sold more than 724,000 vehicles in the U.S. in 2022, and nearly half were built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. For more information