Nominations Open for SEMA Hall of Fame
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (Jan. 17, 2023) - The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) is accepting nominations for its Hall of Fame program, now through March 17, 2023.
The award honors individuals in the automotive aftermarket who have enhanced the stature of the industry. Inductees include visionaries, innovators, and leaders who have positively impacted what is now a $50.9 billion market. Nominees may be business leaders or contributors from any aftermarket segment or niche.
"The SEMA community is filled with men and women whose accomplishments are so great that the entire industry is changed for the better,” said SEMA Project Manager of Recognition Programs Chris Standifer. “The SEMA Hall of Fame honors these individuals for their outstanding contributions. Without them, our industry would be significantly different from what it currently is.”
Criteria for the SEMA Hall of Fame are:
- His/her contributions must have extended beyond the local level and reach throughout the national or international level.
- The candidate is and/or has been involved in the specialty-equipment automotive industry and/or SEMA for a minimum of 10 (ten) years.
- The candidate must have made outstanding contributions toward enhancing technology, professionalism, dignity, and/or general stature and growth of the specialty-equipment automotive industry.
- The candidate must have conducted him/herself with a high degree of integrity both within and outside of the specialty-equipment automotive industry.
- Candidate must be at least 50 years of age prior to the 2023 SEMA Show, or they may be at any age if deceased as long as the nomination is presented at least one year posthumous.
New Hall of Fame inductees will be announced in May. Nominations can be submitted now at www.sema.org/hof.
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $50.9 billion specialty-automotive industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. Association resources include market research, legislative advocacy, training and product development support, as well as leading trade shows such as the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nev., and the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Indianapolis, Ind. For more information, visit www.sema.org, www.