This Week in Transportation News: 11 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy auto and transport industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a used vehicle price forecast, RecNation's new RV platform, and more.
NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2023 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the auto and transportation industries stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Manheim Forecast: Used-Vehicle Values Expected to Normalize in 2023 After Record Volatility
Cox Automotive Chief Economist Jonathan Smoke said, "These last three years have been extremely volatile for the market, and these declines follow record increases. In December 2021, we were up 47% year over year. The pre-pandemic levels will likely never return, but all indicators point to reaching equilibrium in the second half of 2023."
- EV Chargers: How many do we need?
Even when home-charging is taken into account, to properly match forecasted sales demand, the United States will need to see the number of EV chargers quadruple between 2022 and 2025, and grow more than eight-fold by 2030, according to S&P Global Mobility forecasts.
- Harley-Davidson Announces Plans for a Community Park to Benefit its Employees and the Milwaukee Community
Internationally acclaimed designers, Heatherwick Studio, have been commissioned to conceive an original design that will transform the concrete site into a civic and soulful green gathering space that can be used by everyone, including employees and the local community.
- Amtrak USA Rail Pass Now on Sale for $299
With the USA Rail Pass, customers can see the country and explore sights at more than 500 destinations using up to 10 travel segments over a 30-day period for less than $30 per ride.
- 45 States Will See Car Insurance Costs Increase in 2023
The days of pandemic premium decreases and reimbursements are long gone as drivers have returned to the roads. Divya Sangameshwar, insurance expert at ValuePenguin.com, says, "After two years of keeping rates low for drivers, car insurance companies are raising rates in 2023 due to an increase in car repair costs and claims."
- Ritchie Bros. acquires controlling stake in VeriTread, a leading transportation technology company
Jeff Cox, Founder, President & CEO of VeriTread, said, "Together we are focused on delivering an extraordinary customer experience, with trustworthy and reliable transportation for heavy equipment, vehicles, and other industrial assets. We are nimble, flexible, and can't wait to get started!"
- LCI Signs Agreement with Elroy Air for a Committed Order of up to 40 Chaparral VTOL Aircraft
The Chaparral is the first end-to-end autonomous VTOL cargo delivery system. It is designed for aerial transport of up to 500 lbs (225 kgs) of goods over a 300 nautical mile range. This is enabled initially by a turbine-based hybrid-electric powertrain with distributed electrical propulsion, and specially designed aerodynamic modular cargo pods.
- RecNation Launches RecNation Rental, a White-Glove, Peer-to-Peer Rental Platform for RV Owners
In conjunction with the launch, RecNation Rental today announced partnerships with leading rental platforms Outdoorsy and RVshare to host and promote RecNation Rental listings, allowing RecNation customers to reach a broad audience of adventure seekers.
- RCA Launch of E-City Line of E-Bikes and E-Scooters at CES 2023 Marks Iconic Brand's Foray Into Electric Transportation Space The RCA line of e-bikes and e-scooters will be available at select retail locations beginning late Q2 or early Q3 2023. RCA e-bikes and e-scooters will be a good compromise between high-level features, high-level quality, and affordable prices.
- Car Subscription Study Suggests Service Has Mainstream Appeal Key themes from the study include: how car subscriptions are paths to EV ownership and sales; how car subscriptions are an e-commerce gateway for the retail auto industry; and, the consumer appeal of car subscriptions among first-time car shoppers.
- GreenPower Launches Round 3 of All-Electric School Bus Pilot Project in Four New School Districts in West Virginia
The preliminary data and results from rounds 1 and 2 of the pilot project show that the GreenPower BEAST and Nano BEAST are performing as expected with an overall performance rating of excellent and a battery consumption ranging from 1.1 to 1.5 miles per each percent of State of Charge.
Read more of the latest auto- and transportation-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtrnsp on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire