This Week in Transportation News: 9 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy auto and transport industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2022 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the auto and transportation industries stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Hybrid Reborn: 2023 Toyota Prius Revealed
With the addition of the most fuel-efficient Prius to date, achieving a manufacturer estimated 57 MPG combined fuel economy rating on the LE FWD model, this Toyota hybrid brings accessible electrification to drivers everywhere.
- Carnival Venezia Opens for Sale on Year-Round Cruises from New York The ship will offer guests a wide range of sailing options, with 10 different cruise durations and 22 unique itineraries featuring visits to 25 ports across 14 countries.
- Lexus Joins Forces with adidas and adidas S.E.E.D to Create a Custom All-New Lexus RX Inspired by Marvel Studios' 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever'
"The all-new RX 500h is part of our expanding Lexus Electrified portfolio with evolved innovative technology that elevates the driver's experience," said Michael Moore, general manager, Lexus International. "There's an athleticism in the performance of the RX that makes it a perfect fit to join the 'Wakanda Forever' team."
- Transforming the Future of Foodservice Delivery: Sysco Receives First Battery Electric Freightliner eCascadia
"This zero-emission tractor is powerful, quiet and -- importantly – very comfortable to drive. That means it's not only good for the planet, but it will improve the driving experience for thousands of our delivery partners," said Marie Robinson, Sysco's EVP and chief supply chain officer at the Daimler Truck North America (DTNA) Manufacturing Plant in Portland, Ore.
- Lucid Gravity: A Luxury Electric SUV with Breathtaking Performance and Seating for Up to Seven; Reservations Open in Early 2023
Gravity builds upon Lucid's core DNA of luxury, spaciousness, performance, and efficiency, setting itself apart from the competition with a previously unattainable combination of supercar performance and seating for up to seven adults. Lucid Gravity also promises more range than any other EV on the market – other than its stablemate, Lucid Air.
- Colorado Governor and Burrell Aviation Announce $110 Million Investment for Colorado Springs Airport Project
Burrell Aviation intends to construct multiple facilities on a 65-acre parcel at the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) to expand the airport's non-passenger business lines, including facilities for air cargo handling, aircraft maintenance and testing, cold storage, warehouse/distribution, and integrated logistics.
- Union Pacific Details Efforts to Address Climate Change; Becomes First U.S. Railroad to Support Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures
Since the publication of its first Climate Action Plan in 2021, Union Pacific has taken considerable steps to reduce its environmental impact, including increasing use of low-carbon fuels and reducing fuel consumption by more than 11 million gallons in 2021 compared with 2020.
- United Becomes First U.S. Airline to Invest in Biofuel Refinery
NEXT is a Houston-based company developing the biorefinery which, at full production, could produce up to 50,000 barrels per day of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF), renewable diesel, and other renewable fuels. United Airlines Ventures could invest as much as $37.5 million into NEXT, as long as the company meets certain milestone targets.
- CerebrumX to Use Ford Connected Vehicle Data, with Customer Consent, to Help Transform Auto Insurance in North America
Usage-based insurance (UBI) programs using embedded connected vehicle systems, with the consent of the customer, provide more accurate and reliable driving data, empowering insurers to reward safe driver behavior with opportunities for reduced personalized premiums.
Read more of the latest auto- and transportation-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtrnsp on Twitter.
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire