Report Reveals European E-commerce Companies Struggle With Poor Website Performance
Data shows monolithic CMSs are obstacles to speed and omnichannel strategies
LINZ, Austria, Nov. 16, 2022 -- Storyblok, the content management system (CMS) category leader for 2022 that empowers both developers and content teams to create better content experiences across all digital channels, today announced the findings from its Enterprise eCommerce Leader Report (2023 EMEA).
The report examines data from 3,583 e-commerce companies in the EMEA regions that have 100+ employees and revenue above $10 million.
The data reveals that the top five monolithic CMSs perform poorly in Google Lighthouse speed and performance scores, with websites built on these CMSs achieving a maximum average performance score of 34.6. These low scores have a negative impact on responsiveness and visual stability, which makes websites more difficult to use and decreases conversion rates.
Some other notable findings from the report include:
- As traffic grows, e-commerce companies are more likely to use multiple CMSs, with the average monthly traffic of those using 1 CMS being 2,678,933 and those using 2 CMSs being 4,303,393. This leads to siloed content that presents obstacles for omnichannel marketing.
- Adding content in a second language significantly increases the growth rate of traffic: adding 1 to 3 extra languages can lead to up to a 26% growth rate in a 3-month period and a 24% growth rate in a 6-month period
- The top 5 monolithic CMSs all perform poorly in terms of Time to Interactive, ranging from 9.5 to 13.3 seconds
- The most popular frontend technologies are: #1 React, #2 Vue, #3 Angular
- The most common e-commerce platforms are: #1 Magento, #2 Salesforce Commerce Cloud, #3 Shopify
"Monolithic CMSs prevent e-commerce companies from delivering and evolving the digital experiences customers deserve," said Dominik Angerer, Co-Founder and CEO of Storyblok. "Headless content management not only allows for dramatically increased speed and performance, but it also opens up endless possibilities for the channels you can use to reach your customers."
- Download the Enterprise eCommerce Leader Report (2023 EMEA) to see the full results: https://www.storyblok.com/lp/enterprise-cms-ecommerce-report-emea
- Learn more about Storyblok: https://www.storyblok.com
- View Storyblok's press kit: https://www.storyblok.com/press
- See case studies: https://www.storyblok.com/case-studies
Storyblok, the content management system (CMS) category leader for 2022, empowers both developers and content teams to create better content experiences across any digital channel.
Storyblok enhances audience experiences with best-in-breed performance, security, optimized omnichannel storytelling, and robust personalization. Enable content teams to create and manage content intuitively and independently with drag and drop visual editing, custom collaboration workflows, and a world-class digital asset manager. Empower developers to build anything, integrate with everything, and publish everywhere with Storyblok's headless CMS architecture.
Leading brands such as Adidas, T-Mobile, Renault, and Marc O'Polo use Storyblok to shape their digital storytelling.
See why Storyblok was named the #1 CMS for 2022 by G2 at www.storyblok.com and follow Storyblok on LinkedIn and Twitter.