This Week in Health News: 12 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2022 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Ad Council Announces $65 Million Multi-Year Mental Health Initiative
Guided by mental health experts, amplified by partnerships across every sector and rooted in extensive research with key audiences, the initiative aims to change social norms, reduce stigma around mental health and encourage people to take a proactive approach to their mental health issues.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Turkey-Free Thanksgiving Tips
Thanksgiving is a time for friends and families to come together to enjoy a hearty meal, but with food prices continuing to rise, some families might want to consider alternatives to the "traditional" fall turkey feast.
- Planet Fitness Collaborates with Amazon Halo to Provide People with the Tools and Resources to Start and Stick with Their Fitness Journeys
Now through November 15, new members who sign up for the PF Black Card® at Planet Fitness will receive a complimentary Amazon Halo View wellness tracker, along with one year of full access to an Amazon Halo exclusive membership with features and content.
- Healthy Together Announces Launch of New Mobile Application in Partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
The technology enables real-time, updated health information and records to be accessible via smartphone with simplified record sharing, allowing veterans to easily send PDF versions of health information to a doctor or organization when needed.
- Screen Usage Linked to Differences in Brain Structure in Young Children
A study of kids ages 3 to 5 suggests that digital media use ("screen time") impacts development of brain areas responsible for visual processing, empathy, attention, complex memory and early reading skills.
- Severely Stressful Events Worsen Symptoms of Long COVID
The death of a loved one, financial or food insecurity, or a newly developed disability were some of the strongest predictors of whether a patient hospitalized for COVID-19 would experience symptoms of long COVID a year later, a new study finds.
- Roche introduces the navify brand for its digital health solutions at HLTH 2022
The navify digital solutions help providers and patients 'navigate' and 'clarify' a wide range of touchpoints by activating insights that provide evidence on how to optimize operational processes and clinical decision making in healthcare.
- Leading Fertility Company TMRW Life Sciences Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Next-Generation Technology to Safely Manage and Store Frozen Eggs and Embryos
With its cutting-edge in-clinic and off-site portfolio of solutions, TMRW's advanced technology offers transparency, automation and standardization to a system that is increasingly challenged to keep up with those volumes of specimens under management.
- Robotic Rehab Device rebless™ Expands Reach with Rehabmart.com Partnership
With numerous operating modes, rebless™ allows for passive, active, active-assisted and resisted training, plus range of motion measurement, so that therapy can be customized based on each patient's condition and progress.
- Quest Introduces First of Its Kind Fitness Tests Built By and For Athletes on questhealth.com
Each fitness test panel provides a deep dive into an individual's health to paint a complete picture of overall fitness, including comprehensive tests that measure endurance, nutrition, energy, hydration, and hormone levels.
- Kroger Health Donates $100,000 to Support Pharmacy Quality Alliance Efforts to Develop Standard Pharmacy Performance Measures
Kroger Health's support will assist in the facilitation of broad scale testing of developed concepts and expands information technology infrastructure, and disseminates findings to support scale, spread, and sustainability of innovative pharmacy services.
- Johnson Controls and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America Advocate for Healthier Classrooms
Through strategic upgrades, sustainable solutions, resilient building improvements, and educational programs, Johnson Controls is collaborating with 7,000 school districts across the country to enhance the K-12 experience. It's estimated that over 50% of K-12 schools require building system updates, including HVAC, plumbing, energy management systems, interior lighting, building envelopes, and more.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire