This Week in Energy News: 8 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2022 -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- S&P Global publishes latest Energy Transition Outlook
According to the report, as the energy transition continues to gather pace, decarbonization remains a key priority for both policymakers and market participants. Yet Russia's invasion of Ukraine has thrust security of supply into the spotlight.
- P&G and ENGIE Collaborate on New Renewable Energy Project in Hill County, Texas
This solar energy agreement is the largest for P&G globally. Once production commences at Sun Valley later this year, it will supply P&G with more than 530,000 MWh of renewable power annually. For comparison, that is enough renewable electricity to power 1 in every 3 residences in P&G's home city of Cincinnati, OH.
- Inflation Reduction Act Unlocks Cost Savings for Energy-Efficient HVAC Products, Including Eligible Lennox Home Comfort Products
Lennox offers several residential heating and cooling solutions eligible for new rebate and tax credit programs aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- RenewCO2, Spins out of Rutgers University with Seed Round from Energy Transition Ventures
RenewCO2 announced its spin-out from Rutgers University, securing an exclusive licensing to scale its novel catalyst technology to convert carbon from hard-to-abate sectors and transform it into a feedstock for carbon-negative, plastic monomers at a fraction of the cost of plastics derived from fossil sources.
- Industry leaders back plans for zero-emissions aluminium, ammonia and steel
More than 200 industry leaders have endorsed strategies from the Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) to decarbonize some of world's hardest-to-abate, carbon-intensive industries in this decade.
- Qnergy Announces the Installation of its first Biogas-Landfill Methane Conversion Generator with Maryland Environmental Service
The Easton, MD system will transform up to 550 annual tons of CO2 equivalent of otherwise flared methane into useful energy.
- Pilot Water Solutions and Oilfield Water Logistics Announce Partnership
The merger will create the premier water midstream operator in the Northern Delaware Basin.
- SunPower Announces Two New SunVault™ Battery Storage Options
For customers, this means they can purchase more energy storage for less money and fit it in less wall space, with the option to build a larger system as the home's energy needs evolve. SunPower has also made design upgrades that can make SunVault faster and easier to install.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire