The Drive Home to The Stampede
The Drive Home has historically been an annual cross-country road trip featuring vintage cars with points of interest along the way to the Detroit Auto Show since 2015. Each tour is designed to showcase the importance of automotive heritage in the United States, and its relationship to the car culture of today.
This particular year is quite special in that it will be an all-Mustang run, representing six generations of Mustangs in Ford Motor Company history. Even more exciting is that The Drive Home will be in Detroit for The Stampede, which is the global debut of the all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang taking place at the Detroit Auto Show on Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. EDT, at the Hart Plaza.
We have lots of exciting points of interest along The Drive Home across nine states to get there, and some of the stops are open to the public. The culmination will be on Sept. 14 with a parade from Ford World Headquarters to The Stampede.
Mustang owners interested in joining The Drive Home or attending The Stampede debut event in Hart Plaza can find more details and registration here: www.mustangstampededetroit.com.
Consider joining us for a leg of the journey, or plan to meet up with us at one of our public events if we roll through an area that is near you!
Please note that not all stops listed on the planned itinerary include public events, as some are rest stops for The Drive Home crew, or they are private events. As plans for each stop develop, if they are determined open to the public, we will hyperlink that event to more details. Check back soon and often as we will update this itinerary regularly!
- September 6 | The Drive Home to The Stampede Cruise-In at ACM, 4 to 7 pm, LeMay – America’s Car Museum, Tacoma, WA
- September 8 | Salt Lake City Pony Express Memorial
- September 10 | Fort Kearny State Historical Park – Pony Express Buildings, Kearney, NE
- September 11 | National Pony Express Museum, St. Joseph, MO
- September 11 | Cruise-In at Kansas City Auto Museum, Kansas City, MO
- September 12 | Cars & Coffee at The Roasterie Coffee Company, Kansas City, MO
- September 13 | Bloomington, IL
- September 13 | Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Auburn, IN
- September 14 | The Stampede, Ford World Headquarters Mustang parade to Hart Plaza, 5-10 pm EDT, Detroit, MI
- September 15 | Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
- September 15 | Motown Muscle Cars, Hamburg, MI
- September 16 | Ford Model A Day, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
- September 16 | Detroit, MI
- September 17 | Public opening of the North American International Detroit Auto Show
- September 17 | Detroit Concours D’Elegance Cars & Community, 9 am to 1 pm, Detroit, MI
- September 17 | The Drive Home Take-a-Spin riding experience, 9 am to 4 pm, Detroit, MI
- September 18-25 | The Drive Home cars on display at North American International Detroit Auto Show
JOIN THE MOVEMENT – COME DRIVE WITH US!
Interested in driving with The Drive Home crew for a leg of the journey? Car clubs and enthusiasts are invited to join in their own vintage vehicles, and this year Ford Mustangs are especially encouraged! Register here or email email@example.com for more details. If driving the route is not an option, meet The Drive Home crew at one of the stops along the route.
America’s Automotive Trust was founded with the goal of securing our automotive heritage for future generations. We bring together like-minded organizations that honor the past, celebrate the present, and drive the future of car culture to make a greater impact. Founding member organizations LeMay – America’s Car Museum, RPM Foundation, America On Wheels Museum, and our premier membership programs Club Auto and Concours Club, as well as our affiliated partners, work together to foster a strong community where any enthusiast can thrive – from the classroom, to careers, to the open road. America’s Automotive Trust is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.