BrightView Continues Electric Conversion of Fleet Vehicles with Deployment of 100 Chevrolet Bolt EUVs
But First Snide's Remarks: I would have thought that a landscape company would do better with clean domestic and renewable and home grown Flex-Fuel vehicles...
BLUE BELL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As part of its ongoing effort to convert its fleet of vehicles to electric, BrightView , the nation’s leading commercial landscaping company, today announced the purchase of 100 electric-powered Chevrolet Bolt EUVs that will be put into service across the country, beginning this month. With the deployment of these new cars, BrightView’s management fleet is now comprised of nearly 400 electric and hybrid vehicles.
Over the next four years, the company’s aim is to convert its fleet of 3,000 field managers’ vehicles to electric and hybrid. Today’s announcement – and similar enterprise efforts – is a part of BrightView’s overall environmental sustainability strategy of reducing its carbon footprint and becoming carbon neutral by 2035.
“As a company dedicated to developing, designing, and maintaining the best landscapes on Earth, we are continually seeking sustainable solutions that minimize our impact on the environment,” said Andrew Masterman, BrightView President and Chief Executive Officer. “The addition of electric and hybrid vehicles is yet another example of our commitment to investing in the future of our planet and achieving our environmental goals.”
BrightView’s Sustainability Journey
BrightView’s quest toward carbon neutrality began more than 10 years ago and continues today by incorporating sustainable practices into its everyday operations to help protect and preserve the environment. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing to electrify its fleet of 11,000 vehicles to reduce emissions
- Converting gas and two-cycle landscaping equipment to battery power
- Utilizing smart technology in irrigation systems to reduce water usage
- Moving its real estate infrastructure to green and sustainable energy
Did You Know?
- BrightView is partnering with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 300,000 trees throughout the U.S. by January 2023. These trees are in addition to the more than 80,000 trees and millions of shrubs, ornamentals, and grass BrightView plants annually.
- BrightView provides water-efficient landscaping services and partners with clients to reduce their water and energy use. The mix of smart irrigation strategy and technologies – along with client education – contribute to overall water efficient practices.
For more information on BrightView’s commitment to sustainability, visit www.BrightView.com.
BrightView , the nation’s largest commercial landscaper, proudly designs, creates, and maintains the best landscapes on Earth and provides the most efficient and comprehensive snow and ice removal services. With a dependable service commitment, BrightView brings brilliant landscapes to life at premier properties across the United States, including business parks and corporate offices, homeowners' associations, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, retail centers, resorts and theme parks, municipalities, golf courses, and sports venues. BrightView also serves as the Official Field Consultant to Major League Baseball. Through industry-leading best practices and sustainable solutions, BrightView is invested in taking care of our team members, engaging our clients, inspiring our communities, and preserving our planet. Visit www.BrightView.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.