Next Generation Advanced Batteries Global Market Report 2022: Growing Demand for Mobile Computing Devices Lends Traction to Market Growth
DUBLIN, July 6, 2022 -- The "Next Generation Advanced Batteries - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Next Generation Advanced Batteries Market to Reach $2.5 Billion by 2026
The global market for Next Generation Advanced Batteries estimated at US$137 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a size of US$2.5 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 60.5% over the analysis period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $72.9 Million in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $367.6 Million by 2026
The Next Generation Advanced Batteries market in the U.S. is estimated at US$72.9 Million in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 33.96% share in the global market. China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$367.6 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 71.8% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 50.7% and 57.4% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 57% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$571.3 Million by the close of the analysis period.
The need for batteries that can be recharged quickly is growing at an unprecedented rate leading to the development and production of highly advanced batteries that are inevitable for the efficient functioning of smart homes, smart wearables, smartphones, which also reflects the extensive penetration of internet.
At the same time, the availability of higher efficiency, higher capacity and higher durability next-generation grid-scale storage batteries is pushing demand for their application in consumer electronics and automotive industries. The revenue growth is also contributed by the ability of these advanced batteries to charge, recharge and discharge at a rapid rate.
Solid Electrodes Segment to Reach $390.1 Million by 2026
In the global Solid Electrodes segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 58.4% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounted for a combined market size of US$18.5 Million in the year 2020. China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$44 Million by the year 2026.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Battery Limitations to Present Opportunities for Next Generation Advanced Batteries
- Opportunity Indicators: Applications of Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Growing Demand for Mobile Computing Devices Lends Traction to Market Growth
- Tablet PCs
- Laptop PCs
- Booming Digital World Spells Opportunities for Next Generation Advanced Batteries in Consumer Batteries
- Increased Demand for Electric Vehicles Drive the Market for Advanced Next Generation Batteries
- Next Generation Batteries for Electric Vehicles
- Lithium-silicone and Solid-state Technology to Power EVs in Future
- Growing Demand for Renewable Energy Sources and Rising Awareness About Benefits of Clean Energy Drive the Demand for Next Generation Advanced Batteries
- Targets for Electricity Production from Renewable Energy Sources in Select Countries
- Inevitable Rise in Energy Demand Post COVID-19 to Throw Spotlight on Renewable Energy & Energy Storage Technologies
- Advanced Next Generation Batteries Gain Momentum in Wearable Devices
- Global Wearable Device Shipments in Million Units for the Years 2017, 2019 and 2021
- Expanding Internet User Base & Consumer Appetite for Digital Media: Key Traits of Modern Digital World
- Global Internet User Penetration Rate (in %) for the Years 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024
- 'Smart Home' and Home Automation Instigate New Line of Opportunities
- Future Trends in Battery Technology
- NanoBolt Lithium Tungsten Batteries
- Zinc-Manganese Oxide Batteries
- Organosilicon Electrolyte Batteries
- Gold Nanowire Gel Electrolyte Batteries
- TankTwo String CellT Batteries
- Macro Drivers
- Favorable Demographic & Socio-Economic Trends Strengthen Market Prospects
- Rapid Growth in Urban Households
- Growing Affluence of Middle Class Consumer Segment
- Rising Living Standards
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
REST OF WORLD Companies Mentioned
- 24M Technologies, Inc.
- Amprius Technologies
- Aqua Power System Japan
- Arconic Corporation
- Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- EnZinc, Inc.
- ESS, Inc.
- Excellatron Solid State, LLC
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- Ionomr Innovations Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Mag One Products Inc.
- Oxis Energy Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pathion Inc.
- Pellion Technologies Inc.
- Phinergy Marine
- PolyPlus Battery Company Inc.
- Renata SA
- RiAlAiR Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
- Sion Power Corporation
- Sonic Energy
- ZAF Energy Systems, Inc.
- Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/y6p7en
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets