Tesla Global Aftersales Strategy Report 2022: In-depth Quantitative Analysis of Tesla's Service Infrastructural Preparedness vis-a-vis its Burgeoning Vehicle Fleet
DUBLIN, May 4, 2022 -- The "Growth Opportunities in Tesla's Global Aftersales Strategy" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of Tesla's service infrastructural preparedness vis-a-vis its burgeoning vehicle fleet.
Drawing upon historical trends reported in company financial statements, the study briefly outlines the analyst's perspective on Tesla services' anticipated gross margin trajectory in the short-to-medium term.
The study discusses key constituents of Tesla's services and other revenues segment, including (but not limited to) its expanding mobile service network, telematics-backed usage-based insurance product, and over-the-air update capabilities. The evolution of Tesla's collision repair infrastructure is also analysed to help readers gain an understanding of what the future might have in store.
Additional revenue streams such as B2C service marketing contracts, B2B service subscriptions for independent aftermarket repairers, accessories portfolio, and battery end-of-life management are also discussed.
Having delivered close to a million battery electric vehicles (BEVs) globally in model year 2021, Tesla is clearly leading the worldwide shift towards electric mobility. The company's vertically integrated sales format that eliminates third-party intermediaries in the downstream automotive value chain has received a lot of press coverage.
However, not much has been written about Tesla's aftersales strategy, barring a few articles highlighting aspects that are by-products of the company's convention-defying approach to vehicle delivery.
The analyst has performed an extensive analysis of this relatively less-spoken-about aspect of Tesla's automotive business and attempts to build a signpost of things to come, for both Tesla and other pure-play BEV start-ups during what is widely acknowledged as the decade of the xEV. This research identifies and thoroughly analyses the standout features of Tesla's aftersales strategy, thereby uncovering valuable insights for both independent aftermarket participants and legacy OEMs foraying into the xEV space.
Through extensive primary and secondary research, supplemented by an annual report study, the analyst has gathered several crucial data points that were subjected to rigorous analysis to yield rich qualitative insights on an aspect of Tesla's automotive business that has not yet become a prominent subject of market research titles.
This study attempts to fill a gap in existing aftermarket research literature, thereby facilitating strategic decision-making by stakeholders in the EV aftermarket, in both the independent and OEM channels.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the key differentiating aspects of Tesla's approach to aftersales?
- How will Tesla's profit orientation on vehicle service likely evolve in the medium term?
- How is Tesla addressing challenges inherent to the disintermediated vehicle and service delivery model?
- How are Tesla's partnerships with other stakeholders in the aftermarket ecosystem evolving as its active fleet grows in size?
- How is Tesla leveraging connected vehicle technology to improve its OTA update capabilities and usage-based insurance products?
- How is Tesla monetizing proprietary repair information as the right-to-repair movement gains traction across the world?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on Tesla's Aftersales Format
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
2. Analysis of Tesla's Aftersales Strategy
- Growth Drivers for Tesla Service
- Growth Restraints for Tesla Service
- Key Growth Metrics, Tesla Services and Others Segment Business
- Tesla's Approach to Vehicle Aftersales - Highlights
3. Tesla's Burgeoning Vehicle Fleet - Historical Sales & Vehicles in Operation
- Tesla Sales Trajectory - Historical Trends
- Tesla Vehicles in Operation
4. Tesla Services & Other Segment Overview - Business Model Canvas and Discussion of Key Financial Metrics
- A Snapshot of Tesla's Services and Other Business Segment
- Tesla's Core Aftersales Operations - Business Model Canvas
- Services and Others Segment Financial Metrics - Tesla Motors
- Services Segment Financial Metrics - Tesla Motors
5. Tesla's Unique Approach to Vehicle Servicing - An Ultra-lean Company-owned & Operated Physical Service Network & a Rapidly Growing Mobile Service Fleet
- Tesla-owned and -operated Service Centers Versus Existing Industry Practices
- Tesla's Ultra-lean Physical Service Network - Global
- Tesla Rangers - The Mobile Service Team Taking Workshops to Customers
- Tesla's Growing Mobile Service Network and Physical Service Assets
6. Tesla's Collision Repair Strategy - Repair Facility Formats & Usage-based Insurance Program
- Tesla's Evolving 3-pronged Approach to Collision Repair
- Tesla's Collision Repair Infrastructure in Important Global Markets
- Tesla's Usage-based Insurance Offering with Monthly Dynamic Premiums
7. Tesla's Pioneering Over-the-Air (OTA) Software Updates - Update Capabilities & Release Notes Analysis
- Tesla's Advanced OTA Software Updates in the BEV Industry
- Tesla's OTA Update Release History
8. Tesla's Service Marketing Packages - Extended Service Agreements (ESAs) & Tesla Service Subscriptions
- Tesla's ESAs
- Tesla Service Subscriptions
9. Additional Service Revenue Streams - Vehicle Accessories & Battery End-of-life Management
- Tesla's Vehicle Accessory Portfolio
- Tesla's End-of-life Battery Management Initiatives
10. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1 - In-app Purchases through OTA Updates
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Tesla-Authorized Repairs by IAM Tuners and Upgraders
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Flying Doctor Services for EVs
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/rnp8e8
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets