DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Electric Vehicle Semiconductor Growth Opportunities" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global electric vehicle (EV) semiconductor market is estimated to experience an approximate 32.1% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2021 to 2026.
Semiconductors contribute to making EVs efficient, interactive, and safe, supporting various in-vehicle interactivity features, vehicle firmware, and EV batteries and powertrains. The need for longer driving range and faster charging times in EVs has led to the usage of advanced semiconductor technologies, such as silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN).
With 2021 as the base year, the study provides market size estimates and growth prospects up to 2026. Revenue forecast, pricing trends, competitive analysis, COVID-19 impact discussion, and company profiles of leading manufacturers are included in the study, which follows a specific methodology comprising discussions with senior management of EV semiconductor manufacturers and automotive original equipment manufacturers supported by secondary research.
The scope of this study is limited to semiconductors used in battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and excludes aftermarket and semiconductors used in EV supply equipment.
The study's main objective is to identify key growth opportunities, drivers, and restraints in the EV semiconductor market. The study includes in-depth market analyses for the forecast period of 2022 to 2026 by vehicle type (BEV and PHEV), component (analog, memory, discrete, logic, and others), application (powertrain, chassis and safety, infotainment and telematics, body and convenience, and advanced driver-assistance systems [ADAS]), and geography.
- Stringent emission regulations, government support, push toward ADAS and vehicle autonomy, miniaturization trend, aggressive EV launches, and the fleet electrification targets of automotive manufacturers would drive the need for efficient and robust semiconductors in EVs.
- The post-pandemic chip shortage crisis, increasing competitive intensity, inadequate EV supporting infrastructure, and geopolitical tensions are expected growth restraints to the market during the forecast period.
- Robust industry collaborations, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology, adoption of compound semiconductors such as SiC and GaN, and localization of chip manufacturing are future growth opportunities for semiconductor vendors in the market.
- EMEA led the market by revenue in 2021 and is forecast to witness a CAGR of 26.7% between 2021 and 2026. However, Asia-Pacific is predicted to be the fastest-growing region with a 37.1% CAGR, regaining its market dominance in the forecast period.
- The EV semiconductor market generated $5,428.6 million in revenue in 2021, with a base year growth rate of 99.8%. BEVs are expected to remain the dominant vehicle type segment with a 33.1% CAGR between 2021 and 2026. By component, discrete would be the fastest-growing segment with a projected CAGR of 32.7%. The powertrain segment would continue to dominate the market by application, but ADAS is estimated to witness the highest growth at 38.9% CAGR between 2021 and 2026.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Electric Vehicle Semiconductor Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope of Analysis
- Market Segmentation by Region
- Market Segmentation by Vehicle Type
- Market Segmentation by Component
- Market Segmentation by Application
- Key Competitors
- Key Growth Metrics
- Distribution Channel
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Driver Analysis
- Growth Restraints
- Growth Restraint Analysis
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Analysis
- Revenue Forecast by Vehicle Type
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Vehicle Type
- Revenue Forecast by Component
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Component
- Revenue Forecast by Application
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Application
- Comparison between SiC and Si in EV Powertrains
- Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Region
- Pricing Trends and Forecast Analysis
- Competitive Environment
- Revenue Share
- Revenue Share Analysis
- Company Profile - Infineon Technologies
- Company Profile - STMicroelectronics
- Company Profile - NXP Semiconductors
- Company Profile - Texas Instruments
- Company Profile - Renesas Electronics
- Top 5 Participants - SWOT Analysis
- Top 5 Participants - Product and Application Highlights
- Competition Analysis
3. Growth Opportunity Analysis - EMEA
- Key Growth Metrics for EMEA
- Revenue Forecast - EMEA
- Revenue Forecast Analysis - EMEA
- Revenue Forecast by Vehicle Type - EMEA
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Vehicle Type - EMEA
- Revenue Forecast by Component - EMEA
- Revenue Forecast by Application - EMEA
- Competitive Environment - EMEA
4. Growth Opportunity Analysis - APAC
- Key Growth Metrics for APAC
- Revenue Forecast - APAC
- Revenue Forecast Analysis - APAC
- Revenue Forecast by Vehicle Type - APAC
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Vehicle Type - APAC
- Revenue Forecast by Component - APAC
- Revenue Forecast by Application - APAC
- Competitive Environment - APAC
5. Growth Opportunity Analysis - Americas
- Key Growth Metrics for the Americas
- Revenue Forecast - Americas
- Revenue Forecast Analysis - Americas
- Revenue Forecast by Vehicle Type - Americas
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Vehicle Type - Americas
- Revenue Forecast by Component - Americas
- Revenue Forecast by Application - Americas
- Competitive Environment - Americas
6. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Robust Industry Collaborations for Efficient Demand Management Optimization
- Growth Opportunity 2: MEMS Technology to Aid Safety Parameters in EVs
- Growth Opportunity 3: Adoption of Compound Semiconductors for EVs with High Energy Density and Longer Driving Range
- Growth Opportunity 4: Localization of Chip Manufacturing for a Risk - Free Supply Chain
- Infineon Technologies
- NXP Semiconductors
- Renesas Electronics
- Texas Instruments
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kp463u
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900