DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Application, Size, Mode of Locomotion, and Operation: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global unmanned ground vehicle market was valued at $2.12 billion in 2020, and is projected to reach $6.04 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 11.4%.
North America dominates the market, in terms of revenue, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The U.S. dominated the global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) market share in North America in 2020, owing to increase in R&D activities; technological developments by key players; and rapid adoption of innovative technologies in making reliable, precise, and efficient UGVs. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period, owing to rise in procurement and development of UGVs across several Asian nations, for instance, China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
By application, the UGV market is bifurcated into defense and commercial. The defense segment was the highest revenue contributor in 2020, owing to high demand for UGVs, which are used for different operations in the defense sector.
Depending on size, the UGV market is segregated into small, medium, and heavy. The small segment accounted for the highest revenue in 2020, owing to high demand for rotary small-sized UGVs that are deployed for numerous applications across the globe.
According to mode of locomotion, the UGV market is classified into tracked, wheeled, and legged. The tracked segment accounted for the highest revenue in 2020, owing to high demand for tracked-type UGVs, which can move in difficult terrains.
On the basis of operation, the market is divided into teleoperated and automated. The teleoperated segment garnered the highest revenue in 2020, owing to high demand for teleoperated UGVs that can be controlled by the operating teams to accomplish various tasks in the commercial and defense applications across the globe.
Key Findings Of The Study
- According to application, the commercial segment is anticipated to exhibit significant growth in future
- By size, the heavy segment is expected to register a significant growth during the forecast period
- Depending on mode of locomotion, the legged segment is expected to register a significant growth during the forecast period
- On the basis of operation, the autonomous segment is anticipated to exhibit significant growth in future
- Region wise, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- The key players that operate in the global UGV market include Armtrac Inc., Autonomous Solutions Inc. (ASI), Clearpath Robotics Inc., DOK-ING Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, GESAR INC., Horiba Mira Ltd, ICOR Technology, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and Teledyne FLIR LLC
- Reduction in Risk of Human Life
- Increase in Demand for Unmanned Ground Vehicles for Civilian Applications
- Restricted Battery Life of Vehicles
- Demand for Autonomous Control Systems
- Armtrac Inc
- Autonomous Solutions Inc (ASI)
- Clearpath Robotics Inc
- DOK-ING Ltd
- General Dynamics Corporation
- GESAR INC
- Horiba Mira Ltd
- ICOR Technology
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Teledyne FLIR LLC
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Mode of Locomotion
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7osf0m
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900