2022 Lexus RX 450h F Sport - Review by Mark Fulmer
Executive Producer, Editor
THE AUTO CHANNEL
This version of the RX 450h includes the F Sport package which includes angular front and rear bumpers, an ever-popular mesh front grille, 20-inch wheels, and bright blue “Grecian Water” paint. It is referred to as a "crossover" but could be more accurately called a "full hybrid" since both engine and body are mixtures of elements. Whatever label you use, it is most certainly a Lexus - an upscale, comfortable, useful, and reliable vehicle with distinct reputation and loyal following.
Powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine and a Lexus Hybrid Drive electric motor, the resultant 308 horsepower provides plenty of power to maneuver highways and city streets. Its all-wheel drivetrain, Adaptive Variable Suspension, power assisted rack and pinion steering keeps the ride solid and the cornering steady. Thanks to the hybrid engine it can get a fuel economy rating of 31 mpg.
The interior is what you would expect from Lexus - great build quality, materials, fit and finish, and all with F Sport well bolstered leather seats.
The infotainment system is a collection of analog, digital, touchscreen, and lo and behold, an actual CD player ! My personal hope is that some day every part of a infotainment system will be controlled by voice commands.
The front row seats measurements:
Headroom - Front 39.4 in.
Legroom- Front 44.1 in.
Shoulder Room - Front 57.8 in.
Hip Room - Front 56.6 in.
The rear seats measurements:
Headroom - Rear 38.2 in.
Legroom - Rear 38.0 in.
Shoulder Room - Rear 57.6 in.
Hip Room - Rear 56.0 in.
Cargo Volume - Rear seat up 16.0 cu ft (453 liters)
Cargo Volume - Rear seat folded down 32.6 cu ft (924 liters)
Lexus Safety System+ 2.0
• Pre-Collision System
• Forward Collision Warning
• Automatic Emergency Braking
• Daytime and Low-Light Pedestrian Detection
• Daytime Cyclist Detection
• Intelligent High Beam Head Lamps
• All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
• Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
• Lane Keep Assist • Lane Tracing Assist
• Road Sign Assist • Blind Spot Monitor w/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Rear-seat seatbelt indicator
• Roll-sensing front and rear side-curtain airbags
• Side impact door beams
• Three-point seatbelts with pre-tensioners for outboard rear seating positions
The 2022 Lexus RX 450h F Sport is a collection of elements that include good performance and great fuel economy and the Lexus premium feel that add up to an impressive and versatile SUV.