Ford Bronco and Maverick Earn North American Utility and Truck of the Year Honors
- Ford has earned double honors for the second year in a row from the North American Car, Utility and Truck awards committee, taking home the 2022 North American Utility of the Year award for 2022 Ford Bronco® and the 2022 North American Truck of the Year award for 2022 Ford Maverick® pickup
- Meeting a customer need to find adventure far from home, Bronco elevates the off-road SUV game for a new generation of adventurers thanks to the 4x4-only brand’s Built Wild™ capability, durability and innovative design
- The truck for people who never knew they needed a truck, Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg in the city*; while its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage space
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 11, 2022 – The all-new 2022 Ford Bronco has taken home the 2022 North American Utility of the Year award and the all-new 2022 Ford Maverick received the 2022 North American Truck of the Year award today.
This marks the second year in a row a Ford vehicle has earned recognition from North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year™ jurors, following last year’s top honors for F-150 and Mustang Mach-E.
“We’re thrilled and honored to earn both Truck and Utility of the Year from the NACTOY jury for the Ford Maverick and Bronco, especially among such a strong field of competitors,” said Kumar Galhotra, president, Americas and International Markets Group. “But we’re also proud because these awards are well-deserved recognition for the tremendous amount of work, focus and energy our teams have invested in designing, engineering and building exciting vehicles for our customers. This also reflects the overwhelming reception we’ve had from our Maverick and Bronco customers alike.”
North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards are bestowed by a broad and distinguished panel of 50 jurors, recognizing the most outstanding new vehicles of the year – those that define or redefine their segments with superlative attention to innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and overall value.
As the flagship model of the Ford outdoor brand of 4x4-exclusive Built Wild vehicles, the 2022 Ford Bronco offers thrilling off-road experiences with heritage-inspired style, rugged engineering and smart off-road technology. The formula and product are hitting the mark with customers, with Bronco turning on dealer lots in just seven days on average.
Reinventing the modern compact pickup for truck customers who never knew they needed a truck, the all-new and affordable Ford Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg in the city*. Its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage, with payload and towing capability to accommodate a huge range of needs. Maverick is turning on dealer lots in just four days on average.
Both Bronco and Maverick are designed to enable the adventures and needs of their owners, from scaling trails to helping a friend move a couch. These new vehicles are just what customers have asked for and that’s reaffirmed by the honors each has earned to date:
- SEMA – 2021 4x4 of the Year Award
- Motor1 – Best Adventure Vehicle
- Top Gear – 2021 American Car of the Year
- Forbes – 2022 Forbes Wheels of the Year
- North State Journal – Best of the Year
- Gear Patrol – GP100 Awards, 2022 Best in Motoring
- CarBuzz – 2021 Off-Road Warrior Award
- iF Design Gold Award 2021
- North American Utility of the Year – 2022 Finalist
- Autotrader.ca – 2022 Best Vehicle for Adventure
- The Detroit News – Readers’ Choice Awards, Baddest Off-Road Vehicle
- The Detroit News – Readers’ Choice Awards, Best Family Fun Finder
- KBB Best Buy Awards – 2022 Best New Model and Best Compact Pickup
- The Car Connection – 2022 Best Car to Buy
- Forbes Wheels – 2022 Pickup of the Year
- Popular Science – 2022 Best of What’s New
- Detroit Free Press – 2022 Truck of the Year
- The Detroit News – 2021 Vehicle of the Year
- CarBuzz – People’s Car Award
- Green Car Journal – 2022 Green Truck of the Year
- Gear Patrol’s GP100 Awards – Best in Motoring
- North State Journal – Best of the Year
- TFLTruck – 2022 Best Truck of the Year
# # #
* EPA-estimated 42 city/33 hwy/37 combined mpg. Actual mileage will vary.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, that is committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for and deepen the loyalty of those customers. Ford designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of connected, increasingly electrified passenger and commercial vehicles: Ford trucks, utility vehicles, vans and cars, and Lincoln luxury vehicles. The company is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, connected vehicle services and mobility solutions, including self-driving technology, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 184,000 people worldwide. More information about the company, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company is available at corporate.ford.com.