A new Direct Connection parts catalog, available for download now at Dodge.com/dodge-muscle, offers complete parts information and pricing, while the Direct Connection hotline at (800) 998-1110 is up and running to provide technical support straight from the performance experts.
Ordering for Direct Connection parts will open in late Q1 2022. The Dodge Power Brokers dealer network, which will serve as the exclusive source for all Direct Connection performance parts, will also begin operation in late Q1 2022.
The announcement of the Direct Connection parts lineup opens the fifth “garage door” of the Dodge Never Lift campaign, which provides a 24-month road map to the brand’s electrified performance future. The Dodge 24 Months of Muscle calendar can be viewed at Dodgegarage.com/never-lift.
“Direct Connection will continue its rollout next year with a lineup of 200-plus parts, and with a network of Dodge Power Brokers dealers trained and equipped to help enthusiasts take that performance to the next level,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge Brand Chief Executive Officer – Stellantis. “The opening of orders for Direct Connection performance parts in the first quarter of 2022 is just the start — the lineup of Direct Connection products and Dodge Power Brokers dealers will continue to grow in the years ahead.”
Direct Connection: Modern Performance
Direct Connection will provide enthusiasts with the “keys” to unlock the full horsepower potential of their vehicle in the form of a new Direct Connection Tuner and Stage kits for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Redeye models:
- Direct Connection Tuner (included in Pre-stage Kit) Plug-and-play engine tuner gives enthusiasts the power to upgrade an engine calibration at the touch of a button, plugs into the OBD-II port and can be used to install factory-tuned, 50-state-legal Stage kit calibrations. Tuner includes a hand-held tuning device and mounting hardware.
- Pre-stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Includes the Tuner along with a performance air cleaner and low temp thermostat. Pre-stage Kit also comes with a pre-loaded 50-state emissions-legal calibration that adds five horsepower and allows future performance upgrades via downloadable tuning maps.
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Features a key code to unlock installation of the Stage I factory-tuned, 50-state emissions-legal calibration, resulting in a jump to 840 horsepower and 770 foot-pounds of torque when in high-octane mode. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage kit)
- Stage II Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Building on Stage I Kit, includes a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and key code to unlock installation of the Stage II factory-tuned, 50-state emissions-legal calibration which achieves a huge boost up to 885 horsepower and 787 foot-pounds of torque. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage Kit and Stage I Kit)
- Pre-stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat) Pre-stage Kit includes Tuner and a pre-loaded 50-state emissions-legal calibration that adds five horsepower and allows future performance upgrades via downloadable tuning maps.
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat) The Stage I kit adds a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and the Stage I key code that unlocks factory-tuned, 50-state emissions-legal calibration to achieve 757 horsepower and 696 foot-pounds of torque. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage Kit)
- Redeye Cylinder Heads, Complete Hellcat Redeye cylinder heads allow enthusiasts to increase a 2015 or newer Hellcat engine redline to 6,500 RPM (from 6,200 RPM).
- Redeye 41-Spline Half Shafts Hellcat Redeye half shafts are proven to handle 770 lb.-ft. of torque on the street and strip.
- Redeye Driveshaft Hellcat Redeye driveshaft is 20 percent stronger than a standard Hellcat driveshaft and proven to handle 770 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Redeye Differential Assembly Provides an upgrade over the standard 2.62:1 ratio Hellcat differential for improved acceleration and durability.
- Redeye Driveline Kit Bolt-in kit improves durability and lowers elapsed times at the track. Includes Redeye Driveshaft Kit, Differential Kit and Half Shaft Kit.
- Redeye Torque Converter Kit High-stall torque converter provides more torque multiplication for harder launches and lower elapsed times.
- Zero Camber Rear Knuckles Specially designed for reduced camber gain, zero camber rear knuckles increase the rear tire contact patch for improved traction.
- Redeye High-flow Air Box Complete air box kit uses a large open element air filter to reduce inlet restriction and let the engine breathe more freely.
- Challenger Illuminated Air-catcher Headlamp Kit Add the distinctive look of the 2018 and newer Challenger with illuminated Air-catcher headlamps.
- Redeye Piston and Rod Assembly Designed off the Challenger SRT Demon, the assembly delivers increased bottom-end strength and durability.
- Challenger Hellcat Widebody Fender Flare and Fascia Kit Helps put more rubber on the road for improved acceleration, cornering and braking.
- 2019 Challenger Hellcat Hood When combined with the Air-catcher headlamp and a wheel liner inlet, temperatures are reduced and air flow increases.
- Challenger Hellcat Front Fascia Increases airflow to engine compartment for improved engine cooling plus increased downforce.
- Challenger Hellcat Air Box and Air-catcher Intake Kit Includes Air-catcher inlet duct from 2015 Challenger Hellcat for improved airflow and reduced air charge temps.
Direct Connection holds a storied tradition at the drag strip, providing race-proven parts over the years to help racers compete and win with the Direct Connection logo emblazoned on their vehicles.
Remaining true to its performance roots, Direct Connection will offer kits for the Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak. The Drag Pak, first introduced in 2008, is a factory-built, turn-key drag car for racers who compete in sanctioned series such as the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and National Muscle Car Association (NMCA). Direction Connection will offer 13 race-ready kits and four graphics packages for the Drag Pak, including:
- 7.50 Body Kit Includes SFI 25.5C roll cage which is NHRA-certified to 7.50-sec. ET. Body Kit allows racers to build their own Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak with select Direct Connection kits.
- 354 Supercharged HEMI® Engine V-8 engine approved for NHRA Factory Stock competition.
- Race Drive Line Kit Complete flex plate-back racing driveline package tested and proven to sub-8.0-sec. elapsed times.
- RaceTech Base Seat Kit Composite driver and passenger seat package with unique Drag Pak embroidery, HANS Device compatible, 6-point driver and 4-point passenger harnesses.
- RaceTech Head Restraint Seat Kit Composite driver Head Restraint and passenger (non-Head Restraint) seat package with unique Drag Pak and Direct Connection embroidery, HANS Device compatible, 6-point driver and 4-point passenger harnesses.
- Bogart Base Wheel/Tire Kit Bogart front and rear wheels and Mickey Thompson ET front tires and Pro Drag Radials.
- Weld Beadlock Lightweight Wheel/Tire Kit Drag Pak lightweight wheels and Mickey Thompson ET front tires and Pro Drag Radials.
- Exterior Kit Includes everything needed to complete Drag Pak body assembly including front/rear Hellcat fascias, headlamps, performance spoiler and more.
- Interior Kit Includes switch and bezel assembly, dashboard, closeout panels, floor carpet and much more for the Drag Pak.
- Race Suspension Kit All-new four-link rear suspension features a fixed lower link with adjustable upper link, Strange Engineering 9-inch rear end that delivers a 4.11:1 final drive ratio and much, much more.
- Body Electrical and Fuel Kit Includes Aeromotive fuel system, wiring harnesses, Autometer gauges, three-gallon SFI-certified fuel cell and more.
- Engine Controller Kit Includes Holley EFI Digital Dash, Holley Dominator EFI Vehicle Management System and more.
- Engine Systems Kit Includes fabricated aluminum intercooler ice tank with clear lid, C&R racing aluminum radiator, twin electric water pumps and more.
- Graphics Full color and monochromatic vehicle livery packages featuring “Drag Pak” and “Direct Connection” logos – four unique packages available.
The Direct Connection portfolio will encompass a horsepower-packed lineup of five popular existing crate engines, which allow customers to turn any pre-1976 classic ride into a beast on the strip. The lineup includes:
- 345 Crate HEMI Engine 5.7L HEMI engine delivers 383 horsepower and 417 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 392 Crate HEMI Engine 6.4L HEMI reaches 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Hellcrate 6.2L Supercharged Crate HEMI Engine 6.2L supercharged HEMI pumps out 717 horsepower and 656 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L Supercharged Crate HEMI Engine High-output 6.2L supercharged HEMI hits 807 horsepower and 717 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Hellephant 426 cu.-in. Supercharged Crate HEMI Engine 426 cu.-in. supercharged HEMI “beast” boasts 1,000 horsepower and 950 lb.-ft. of torque (available Q2 2022).
A new Direct Connection performance parts catalog — a fixture in gearhead garages during Direct Connection’s heyday in the ‘70s and ‘80s — is now available as a downloadable e-catalog at Dodge.com/dodge-muscle, with complete parts information and pricing on the new Direct Connection lineup. The catalog will feature performance “recipes” in addition to full information on the complete Direct Connection portfolio of Modern Performance, Crate Engines, Competition and Vintage Muscle parts.
For enthusiasts seeking a hard copy to keep handy in the garage, a print version of the Direct Connection catalog will be available for purchase in late Q1 2022.
The Direction Connection hotline is also now live to provide customers technical support straight from the performance experts via phone toll free at (800) 998-1110. The hotline will be available six days a week: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET; and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET. Enthusiasts can get technical advice on performance parts installation, service and technical issue resolution, motorsports programs, crate engines, restoration performance parts and more.
Direct Connection pairs performance parts designed, developed and validated by Stellantis engineering backed with the peace of mind that comes with factory-backed warranty coverage.
Direct Connection parts purchased and installed by a Dodge Power Brokers dealership will be covered under a 24-month unlimited miles parts warranty, and Direct Connection parts installed/replaced on a Dodge vehicle by a Power Brokers dealership maintain the three-year/36,000-mile new vehicle basic limited warranty and the five-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty from the original installation date.
Direct Connection crate engines will offer a three-year/100,000-mile parts warranty (crate engine controller kit must be purchased on the same invoice and proof of the installation on the engine to qualify). Parts and labor are covered under warranty for Direct Connection performance kits, and for most Direct Connection crate engines, when installed by an authorized dealer.
Dodge Power Brokers Dealer Network
The new Dodge Power Brokers program will roll out ready to serve as the exclusive source for all new Direct Connection performance parts, and equipped with staff trained to deliver a performance-focused customer service experience.
The Dodge Power Brokers dealer network will officially open for business in late Q1 2022. A complete list of Dodge Power Brokers dealers will be available in late Q1 2022 at Dodge.com.
Certified Dodge Power Brokers dealership staff will meet set standards of comprehensive knowledge and expertise in areas including Dodge vehicle features and high-performance parts and installation. Personnel at Dodge Power Brokers dealerships will have the knowledge to walk customers through Dodge vehicle performance features and available Direct Connection upgrades.
Customers will also be able to purchase a vehicle with Direct Connection upgrades directly from a Dodge Power Brokers dealership, with the added benefit of maintaining the balance of the three-year/36,000-mile vehicle warranty when parts are installed by a Dodge Power Brokers dealer. Dodge Power Brokers dealers will also host performance clinics for enthusiasts and feature a lineup of Dodge models available for customer test drives.
About Direct Connection
Dodge may have emerged in 1914, but Dodge Muscle was born in the 1960s, when Dodge innovated with performance upgrades that led to domination at the track and the drag strip. As the muscle car enthusiast community exploded, so did the desire for factory-backed go-fast parts and information. In 1974, Direct Connection officially launched as the exclusive source for performance parts and technical information, straight from the manufacturer.
As an industry first, Direct Connection changed the game with a massive portfolio of ready-to-run performance parts sold through the dealer network with how-to performance upgrade guides. The Direct Connection hotline, catalog and more armed racers and enthusiasts with the information they desired. Whatever the performance need – street, strip, or track, Direct Connection provided the parts and knowledge desired to keep customers’ vehicles in the winner’s circle.
Fast forward to today, and with the release of the most powerful and fastest production cars in the world, Dodge//SRT has become synonymous with high performance. With a new generation of muscle car enthusiasts looking for “ready to run” parts, the next generation of Direct Connection will become their one-stop-shop for factory backed high performance parts and technical expertise, straight from the factory.
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge shifts into high gear with muscle cars and SUVs that deliver unrivaled performance in each of the segments where they compete.
Dodge drives forward as a pure performance brand, offering SRT versions of every model across the lineup. For the 2022 model year, Dodge delivers the drag-strip dominating 807-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock, the 797-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Redeye, the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world, and the Dodge Durango SRT 392, America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV. Combined, these three muscle cars make Dodge the industry’s most powerful brand, offering more horsepower than any other American brand across its entire lineup.
In 2020, Dodge was named the "#1 Brand in Initial Quality," making it the first domestic brand ever to rank No. 1 in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS). In 2021, the Dodge brand ranked No. 1 in the J.D. Power APEAL Study (mass market), making it the only domestic brand ever to do so two years in a row.
Dodge is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis , please visit www.stellantis.com.