“The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee L broke new boundaries and turned heads when it debuted, with its first-ever three rows of seating paired with legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, as well as for its stunning interior and next-generation technologies,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President and Head of Jeep brand – North America. “For the 2022 model year, the Grand Cherokee L gets content that we have already announced on the new Grand Cherokee, packing the 2022 model year with new premium features that take the first ever three-row Grand Cherokee to another level, including a class-leading digital screen space to keep the entire family safe and connected on all of their adventures.”
More Screens = More Connectivity
The Grand Cherokee L offers the most available technology features in its class. With the addition of new front and rear interactive displays, the Grand Cherokee L now boasts more than 50 inches of total available digital screen space. New features for the 2022 model year include:
- A segment-exclusive 10.25-inch front passenger screen offers co-pilot assistance with navigation, camera viewing and visual entertainment (late availabilty on Limited, Overland and Summit models, standard on Summit Reserve)
- Dual 10.1-inch high-definition rear-seat entertainment displays with built-in Amazon Fire TV (late availability on Limited, Overland and Summit models)
- Amazon Fire TV for streaming videos, playing games, listening to music, accessing information and watching downloaded content all while on the road:
- Connect Amazon Fire TV through in-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot or mobile device hotspot
- Watch on-demand or downloaded Prime Video content without connectivity with 16 GB of included built-in storage for each rear display (9 GB of user available storage per rear display)
- Watch content individually on each rear display or mirror across both displays to watch together
- Includes two voice remotes with Alexa to easily find, launch and control content
Front- and rear-passenger screens also feature an HDMI plug to project wireless device content onto the screen and through the Uconnect 5 system. The front-seat passenger can also easily monitor, as well as stop, start and pause, rear display content.
New Limited Black and Summit High Altitude packages add distinct exterior appearance details, including 20-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels on Limited, 21-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels on Summit, Gloss Black exterior accents and badging, roof rails and a unique seven-slot grille (late availability).
Three new exterior colors will also be available for the 2022 Grand Cherokee L, including Ember (available on Limited, Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve), Hydro Blue (available on Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve) and Midnight Sky (available on Limited, Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve).
Ordering is now open for both the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (three-row) and the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee (two-row) through Jeep brand dealerships.
Built on 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand that brings capability, craftsmanship and versatility to people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continues to provide owners with a sense of safety and security to handle any journey with confidence. The Jeep vehicle range consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee 4xe, Renegade and Wrangler and Wrangler 4xe. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep 4x4 lineup, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep brand owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The legendary Jeep brand's off-road capability is enhanced by a global electrification initiative that is transforming 4xe into new 4x4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom. All Jeep brand vehicles will offer an electrified variant by 2025.