DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Automotive Electric Motors - Global Sector Overview and Forecast (Q3 2021 Update)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Electric motors perform a variety of functions that were formerly consigned to cranks, gears and levers. They are typically found in anything that has an electrical movement or solenoid function - such as window-lifts, fuel pumps, mirror and headlamp adjusters, ABS, Clutches, Automated Manual Transmissions, Parking Brakes and Steering Systems. The trend toward electric cars mean vehicles will require more small motors, too.
It is estimated that some of today's premium vehicles feature over 100 electric motors carrying out a variety of functions. Although, electric motors have long since been used to power certain vehicle componentry, such as wiper systems, these markets have matured. Meanwhile, growth markets are appearing. For example, manufacturers predict significant growth with gearbox actuators (used for double clutch automated transmissions, actuation for transfer cases and torque distribution differential gears), power steering motors and electric machines for hybrid vehicles.
Manufacturers also expect to see more DC electric motors used in automotive interiors in the future, since there is a general trend towards more electrification. This means that many manual functions, even in the lower vehicle segments, will increasingly be electrically operated. Meanwhile, the use of actuators is also on the rise. Particularly when it comes to convenience features, such as backrest adjusters, the new electric actuators are becoming increasingly prevalent.
In the power window department, manufacturers report a growing need for smaller, lighter motors to fit in the increasingly slim doors of modern cars. On the wiper motor front, manufacturers note that reductions in weight and size as well as the improvement of exterior appearance are priorities for windscreen washer systems. Manufacturers of brushless DC motors are also pushing to develop smaller motors yet maintain power and speed. Overall, it is clear that the driving force behind market growth is motorists' insatiable demand for safety, comfort, economy, a clean environment and overall quality of driving.
The report "Automotive Electric Motors - Global Sector Overview and Forecast (Q3 2021 Update)" provides a comprehensive overview of the Global OE Electric Motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. The forecasts cover a number of applications which use Electric Motors, including Electric Parking Brakes, Actuator Mirrors, Folding Mirrors, Front Seats, Steering Systems, Sunroofs, Windows, Wipers and HVAC Blowers. There are two kinds of DC motors: Brush And Brushless. For the purposes of these forecasts, both types are included.
Based on exclusive interviews, primary research and proprietary data this global market study includes -
- Automotive OE electric motors (for electric parking brakes, actuator mirrors, power folding mirrors, seating, steering, sunroofs, windows, wipers) fitment and market size data for the top 14* markets.
- A review of the latest technological developments and market trends (capacitive liftgates, seat belt retractors, control pedals, compact DC motors, compact steering motors, grille shutters, micro-motors, lighter window lift drives, smaller motors).
- Regional supplier market share data tables and commentary.
- Exclusive interviews with OE suppliers and VMs including Jaguar Land Rover, Porsche, Inteva, IDEAdvance.
- Updated profiles of the major automotive electric motor suppliers including their strategies and prospects.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Main Trends in the Sector
- Allied Motion Technologies
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co.KG
- Denso Corporation
- Inteva Products, LLC
- Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
- Mitsuba Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Active grille shutters
- Brushless motors for HVAC applications .
- Electric motors per vehicle
- Electric parking brakes
- Rearview mirrors.
- Actuator mirrors
- Power folding mirrors
- Compact DC motors from Johnson Electric
- Compact steering motors from Mitsubishi Electric
- Continental's electric accelerator pedal
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5ew6d
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900