Ford Reports 1Q 2021 Financial Results
Enhanced Execution, Fresh Portfolio of Exciting Vehicles Drive Ford’s Strong Q1 Profitability, As Trust in Company Rises
- First-quarter revenue increases to $36.2 billion, producing net income of $3.3 billion, best since 2011, and record adjusted EBIT of $4.8 billion
- Balance sheet remains strong: cash exceeding $31 billion, total liquidity above $47 billion
- Popularity of evolving lineup of must-have products – including Mustang Mach-E, 2021F-150 and Bronco Sport – added to profitable growth in North America
- Total automotive EBIT outside North America was $454 million, $980 million better than same quarter a year ago
- Underlying trajectory of business improving; full-year adjusted EBIT now expected to be $5.5 billion to $6.5 billion, including ~$2.5 billion adverse effect from semiconductor shortage
DEARBORN, Mich., April 28, 2021 -- Ford Motor Company today reported its 2021 first quarter financial results. Click here or visit media.ford.com to view the news release. Visit shareholder.ford.com for the slide presentation and access the webcast to the Ford earnings call, which begins at 5:00 p.m. ET. The call will feature Jim Farley, president and CEO; John Lawler, chief financial officer; and other members of the Ford senior management team.