Watchout Carvana, Vroom, Cars.com, CarGuru, Etc; CarMax America's Largest Used Car Retailer Enters Online Buy And Home Delivery Fray
EDITORS NOTE: The CarMax advantage is that shoppers can shop online and then actually test drive, smell. listen to the audio system and kick the tires of their desired vehicles at a CarMax store...Virtual Sucks For Used Cars. Will Carvana and all of the other Wall Street scammed digital used car lots ever make a profit competing against CarMax, revitalized local dealer, and soon to be launched Auto Manufacturer Brand Used Car Store competition?
RICHMOND, Va.--CarMax, Inc. , the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, today announced the completion of its omni-channel rollout, which gives CarMax the largest addressable market in the used car industry. This unique omni-channel experience empowers customers to buy a car on their terms – online, in-store, and a seamless integration of both. The announcement was made in the company’s second quarter earnings release, where the company reported record results and profitability.
Customers nationwide can leverage CarMax’s personalized e-commerce capabilities to shop for, save, and transfer vehicles; secure financing pre-approval; and obtain an online appraisal. Customers can opt to complete the car buying experience in-person at one of CarMax’s 220 stores nationwide; or buy the car online and receive delivery through contactless curbside pickup, available nationwide, or home delivery, available to most customers. In addition, CarMax has the nation’s largest used car inventory of more than 55,000 vehicles, which makes it easy for a customer to find the ideal car for them.
CarMax’s research has found that customers don’t want to be forced to interact 100 percent in-store or 100 percent online. That’s why CarMax purposely built its omni-channel offering to give customers the option to seamlessly do as much, or as little, online and in-person as they prefer. CarMax provides experienced guidance whenever and wherever customers want, including in-person, online and over the phone.
“When we set out to create the future of car buying, we knew that customers wanted personalized, convenient and on-demand retailer experiences where they can seamlessly navigate between online and in-person, all on their own terms,” said Bill Nash, president and CEO of CarMax. “CarMax has always stood for empowering the customer and offering an exceptional experience. The significant investments we’ve made in technology and digital innovation, coupled with the tireless efforts of our 25,000 associates nationwide, enable us to deliver this iconic experience the way only CarMax can.”
Nash concluded by stating, “I am confident our omni-channel experience, which gives us the largest addressable market within the used car industry, and our diversified business model will drive profitable sales growth and market share gains for years to come.”
Additional information on the CarMax consumer difference:
- Largest nationwide inventory of 55,000+ used vehicles of nearly every make and model
- 220 stores nationwide where customers can experience vehicles in-person, and take a solo test drive prior to purchase
- 7-day money-back guarantee where customers can return the car for any reason for a full refund
- 360-degree photos that give customers panning viewpoints of the interior and exterior of vehicles
- Limited warranty that covers a vehicle’s major systems for 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first
- Free appraisal offers good for seven days – we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®
- Extensive social distancing and sanitation measures in all locations. CarMax associates wear masks when working with others, and the company sanitizes high-touch areas of vehicles, including during appraisals and before and after test drives and vehicle repairs. Further details on how CarMax is supporting customers during the COVID-19 pandemic may be found here.
CarMax, the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, revolutionized the automotive retail industry by driving integrity, honesty and transparency in every interaction. The company offers a truly personalized experience with the option for customers to do as much, or as little, online and in-store as they want. CarMax also provides a variety of vehicle delivery methods, including home delivery, contactless curbside pickup and appointments in its stores. During the fiscal year ending February 29, 2020, CarMax sold more than 830,000 used cars and more than 465,000 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. CarMax has 220 stores, over 25,000 Associates, and is proud to have been recognized for 16 consecutive years as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®. For more information, visit www.carmax.com.