First Look New HEMI SRT Muscle For 2021 - Dodge Dominates the American Horsepower Wars | The Brotherhood of Muscle is Strong
SEE OFFICIAL DETAILS: 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock
SEE OFFICIAL DETAILS: 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
SEE OFFICIAL DETAILS: ‘Demon-possessed’ 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye
Dodge Dominates the American Horsepower Wars
The Brotherhood of Muscle is Strong
By Larry Nutson
Executive Editor and Bureau Chief
The Auto Channel
The 2021 Dodge lineup is packed with muscle---8,950 horsepower worth of muscle. The Dodge Challenger, Charger and Durango have all just kicked it up a notch.
Dodge’s newest drag racer is the Challenger SRT Super Stock. Getting its name from the Super stock class in drag racing, its powered by the same supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI high-output V-8 that powers the SRT Hellcat Redeye, but features a revised powertrain calibration that increases power output to 807 horsepower.
Dodge says the Challenger SRT Super Stock is the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car:
- 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration of 3.25 seconds
- Quarter-mile elapsed time of 10.5 seconds at 131 mph
- 168 mph top speed (tire-limited)
The Challenger Super Stock will launch as a 2020 and continue as a 2021 model.
The Charger is now ‘Demon-possessed.’ The new 2021 Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye gets the 797-horsepower supercharged Hemi.
The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world:
- Most powerful production V-8 engine with 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque
- World’s fastest mass-produced sedan with a top speed of 203 mph
- Quickest production Charger ever with a quarter-mile elapsed time (ET) of 10.6 seconds at 129 mph
- Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye runs 1.2 seconds faster than the Charger SRT Hellcat on a 2.1-mile road course, equal to about 7 car lengths after one lap.
The 2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat now boasts a new rating of 717 horsepower. Both will arrive in dealers in early 2021.
And now for 2021 there’s a DURANGO SRT Hellcat--the Most Powerful SUV Ever.
For Muscle Car People With Families, it’s powered by the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V-8 engine paired with the quick-shifting TorqueFlite 8HP95 eight-speed automatic transmission.
With 710 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. of torque:
- Durango SRT Hellcat runs 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.5 seconds, has a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) certified quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.5 seconds, a top speed of 180 mph and runs 1.5 seconds faster than the SRT 392 on a 2.1-mile road course, equal to 9 car lengths after one lap.
Dodge will build the Durango SRT Hellcat for the 2021 model year only.
The Brotherhood of Muscle is strongly supported by the Dodge brand’s performance lineup. The Hemi celebrates its 70th birthday in 2021. That’s lots of years being at the top of the pack.
Dodge is mostly about muscle cars. That’s great for the enthusiast. Let’s go racing.
© 2020 Larry Nutson, the Chicago Car Guy