Auto Buyers Respond To Exciting Mazda Lineup - February 2020 North American Sales Up 19%
IRVINE, Calif. (March 3, 2020) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total February sales of 28,385 vehicles, an increase of 19.0 percent compared to February 2019. Year-to-date sales totaled 52,006 vehicles, an increase of 18.5 percent. With 26 selling days in February, compared to 24 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 9.8 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
- CX-9 saw its best February with 2,926 vehicles sold, an increase of 20.8 percent compared to February 2019. Year-to-date sales of the CX-9 increased 27.9 percent, with 5,478 vehicles sold.
- CX-5 also had its best February with sales totaling 14,462 vehicles, an increase of 8.1 percent compared to February 2019. Year-to-date sales of the
- CX-5 increased 13.9 percent, with 27,370 vehicles sold.
- Sales of the all-new CX-30, which launched in November, totaled 3,754 in February. Year-to-date sales of CX-30 totaled 6,122.
- Sales of the MX-5 increased 77.0 percent, with 807 vehicles sold. Year-to-date sales of the MX-5 increased 49.8 percent, with 1,203 vehicles sold.
- CPO sales totaled 5,453 vehicles in February, an increase of 23.6 percent compared to February 2019. Year-to-date CPO sales increased 21.8 percent, with 10,118 vehicles sold.
- Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported February sales of 4,706 vehicles, a decrease of 6.6 percent compared to February last year. Year-to-date sales decreased 6.6 percent, with 9,490 vehicles sold.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through approximately 620 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.