Nissan's Helpful Driving Inventions
The team at Nissan took a vote, and these are the favorites:
- Forgotten Article Alert System (Known as Nissan’s Rear Door Alert1)
- Reconfigurable Cargo Area Floor Panels (Known as Nissan’s Divide-N-Hide®)
- Trailer Brake Operation from Steering Wheel
- Control Logic for Vehicle Sound Pedestrian Systems (Take-off Sound)
- Hands-Free Voice/Sonar Back Door Operation
- Enhanced GPS Lane Positioning Using Lane Departure Detection System Data
- Air-Cooled Steering Wheel Grip
- Method of Detecting Object Distances for Parking Aid Systems
- Associating Parking Locations and Destinations using Public Geo-Tagged Social Data
- Method of Detecting Low-Height Barriers in Parking Aid Systems
Patents like the Forgotten Article Alert System (now known as Rear Door Alert1) have become a technology that can remind drivers if they have left something in the back seat. Enhanced GPS Lane Positioning Using Lane Departure Detection System Data can help keep drivers safe on the road. Even a steering wheel idea that can keep sweaty palms fresh!
Renowned inventor Thomas Edison would be celebrating his 173rd birthday this National Inventors’ Day. February 11 has become a day to celebrate inventors worldwide.