2020 Chicago Auto Show Preview
CHICAGO (Dec. 23, 2019) -Auto shows provide an ideal opportunity for automakers to shake hands with customers and potential customers. As a result, several have gone “all in” on large consumer shows in an effort to engage with the public. Honda, Toyota and Subaru are bringing all-new displays to the 2020 Chicago Auto Show.
In a Dec. 9 Automotive News article, Honda’s Sage Marie, assistant vice president for public relations stated, “From a consumer standpoint, auto shows are stable and growing in importance. From a media standpoint, the dynamic is definitely changing. The way automakers leverage auto shows to deploy news is changing.” Indeed, Marie goes on to say, “It’s fishing where the fish are.” Honda’s custom-built display aims to create a vibrant and energetic atmosphere that draws visitors to its stand and into the brand.
Subaru is clearly heading in the same direction with its National Park tribute display. “With this incredible exhibit, we continue to honor that partnership by bringing the beauty of our national parks to the auto show,” said Thomas J. Doll, CEO and President, Subaru of America, Inc. “This truly is a oneof-a-kind display that we know resonates with our owners who care so deeply for the environment, and we hope to continue to honor our partnership by bringing awareness of our national parks to those who have not yet had a chance to experience them.”
Toyota will have an all-new display at Chicago for 2020 that includes not only a rotating stage but an indoor test track. In a Dec. 5 Automotive News article, Bob Carter, head of sales for Toyota Motor North America, states: “Auto shows are still a critical part of the business, and they’re critical from a consumer perspective. Most buyers -- 35 percent of the people who are going to buy a car in the next 12 months --stop by an auto show. It’s a very important place to communicate.”MEDIA PREVIEW KEY EVENTS
CHICAGO (Dec. 23, 2019)
- 30-40 Vehicles featured from 20+ automakers
- Journalists take a deep dive into the industry’s latest concept vehicles, safety technology & telematics
Climate-controlled environment; vehicles may be driven at low speeds
100-150 of the nation’s top-tier automotive media, broadcast outlets and social media influencers
- 6-7:30 p.m., Revel Motor Row, 2400 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616
- Cocktails, hors d’oeuvres
- Opening breakfast of the Chicago Auto Show Media Preview featuring keynote speaker
- MAMA Family Vehicle of the Year and Luxury Family Vehicle of the Year Awards Announcement
- Approximately 400 journalists and industry representatives in attendance ECONOMIC CLUB OF CHICAGO LUNCHEON
- The ECC hosts this luncheon for its members who are leaders at the top of their profession
- Media Preview cornerstone event featuring a robust lineup of keynote speakers
- Attended by nearly 1,000 journalists, industry representatives and ECC members
- Event honors and celebrates women who hold leadership roles within the automotive industry
- Features a vast range of speakers on a wide variety of topics as it relates to female pioneers in the workplace
- Event hashtag #WhatDrivesHerCAS trended nationally three years in a row on Twitter and garnered 13.6 million hashtag impressions in 2019
About the Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Founded in 1904, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association is one of the nation's largest metropolitan dealer organizations. It is comprised of more than 420 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members. The group's dealer members employ about 19,000 people in the metropolitan area. The association has produced the world-famous Chicago Auto Show since 1935. For more information please visit www.CATA.info.