DRiV Announces Family of Performance Brands at SEMA Debut
New Player to Feature Performance Brands Including Well-Known Names Such as Öhlins®, Rancho®, Champion®, Thrush®, MOOG® and more
LAKE FOREST, Ill., Nov. 4, 2019; DRiV, the $6 billion start-up being built from the combined strengths of Tenneco's ride performance and aftermarket business, Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Öhlins Racing, will attend SEMA 2019, November 5-7, 2019, in Las Vegas, Nev. This year's show marks the first time that many of the aftermarket's best-known and respected performance brands are showcased together in one booth, under the DRiV banner.
"DRiV is excited to be at SEMA, and pleased to announce a bigger and better than ever family of performance brands," said Bruce Ronning, group vice president and general manager, Aftermarket, Americas, for DRiV. "Our performance brands are part of an all-star portfolio of 30 aftermarket brands, including 15 that have stood the test of time for 100 years or more."
Located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, booth #25133, DRiV makes its SEMA debut in a display featuring performance brands including Rancho®, DynoMax®, Thrush®, MOOG®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® Performance products, Speed-Pro®, Sealed Power® and Öhlins®. Some highlights at the booth include:
- Rancho Performance Suspension and Shocks: Rancho, a popular brand of suspension and shocks, was born in the 1950s in Long Beach, California, and quickly grew into a thriving off-road and performance suspension components manufacturer. This year, Rancho will display its Jeep Gladiator Rubicon X-Lander RS3 Suspension, tuned to enhance on-road comfort and deliver precise, responsive handling. Also on display will be a new 3-in. Suspension System for 2014-2020 Ford F150 trucks, featuring a 100-percent bolt-on design. Finally, Rancho will feature its RockGEAR™ tube doors for Jeep Wranglers. SEE ALSO: SEMA TIME Tribute To Dick "Goldie" Guldstrand And The Pioneers of Power & Speed By Steve Ford, The Car Guy®
- DynoMax Performance Exhaust: The DynoMax Performance Exhaust brand continues to add new exhaust systems to its comprehensive offering for Jeeps through the new, off-road-ready, high-clearance DynoMax QuietCrawler™ stainless steel performance exhaust for 2020 Jeep Gladiator 3.6L trucks. Delivering increased capability on the trails, added performance and unique sound to the Gladiator, each DynoMax QuietCrawler system was engineered to include a super compact exhaust design utilizing two popular DynoMax mufflers at its heart, the DynoMax Super Turbo™ muffler and DynoMax Race Bullet muffler.
- MOOG: Celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, this will also be the 54th consecutive year that the MOOG brand has been involved in NASCAR®. On display at SEMA will be MOOG's pitman arms, featuring a patented cover plate that protects against contaminants leaking into the bearing surface and allowing for tighter tolerances versus traditional designs, resulting in a more durable part. Also on display will be a ball joint with powdered metal gusher bearing design that enables grease to flow through bearing to stud for reduced friction and enhanced strength; and a barrel nut stabilizer link kit with heavy-duty bushings made from a new, more durable urethane material, offering more durability and absorbing road shocks while resisting oil, heat and ozone.
- Champion: Long one of the automotive industry's most recognized brands, with a history in performance racing, Champion will bring its Champion Iridium and Champion Nickel Copper Alloy spark plugs to SEMA. Champion Iridium plugs contain an iridium center electrode for maximum life, combined with a fine-wire center for greater ignitability. Champion Nickel Copper Alloy Racing Plugs are designed to withstand extreme operating temperatures and pressures and deliver exceptional combustion and strength. Its ceramic insulator also resists dielectric puncture.
- Fel-Pro Performance Products: Fel-Pro will feature its performance gaskets at the SEMA booth this year. The Fel-Pro Turbo Mounting Gasket features Fel-Pro High Temperature Alloy (HTA™) and proprietary coating that withstands up to 1600 degrees Fahrenheit exhaust temperatures. Also displayed are the Fel-Pro PermaTorque® MLS head gasket for Chevrolet V8 small block engines, designed to maintain contact pressure between the cylinder head and block, during the dynamics of engine operation.
- Speed-Pro: From pistons to valvetrain components, Speed-Pro offers a vast array of performance engine parts. At the booth, Speed-Pro will feature its moly-plasma top ring piston ring set for various 1996-2007 General Motors 5.7L and 6.0L V8 models. For small block Chevrolet engines, Speed-Pro is displaying a piston set that combines proprietary alloy, sophisticated design and graphite coating to make a high-value hypereutectic piston; a cam bearing set with a polymer coating that retains oil on the surface, even under extreme heat and pressure; a main bearing set with super-duty alloy material for extreme fatigue-resistance and strength; and a connecting rod bearing set featuring application-specific design for perfect fit and correct application.
- Öhlins Advanced Suspension Technology: The company grew its roots in racing, and today also serves O.E. Manufacturers, the Motorcycle market, Mountain Bike market and the Automotive Aftermarket through a group of highly trained Specialized Dealers. Featured in this year's display are continuously controlled electronic damping valves (CES valves), patented twin tube technologies (TTX) and Dual Flow Valve technology.
Also, appearing at the SEMA booth will be DRiV-sponsored NHRA Top Fuel Dragster and Six-Time World Champion Clay Millican on Wednesday, November 6, from noon – 1:00 p.m.; and on Thursday, November 7, from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
"DRiV's performance brands create unique value for both our distributors and consumers," added Ronning. "Our distributor customers now have a more complete one-stop shop for performance brands, from a single source that can help them maximize their buying power and help drive their growth. For our consumers and users, these great brands will continue to get stronger and better, benefiting from the culture of engineering, innovation, quality and performance that is part of DRiV's DNA."
To learn more about DRiV, visit our booth during SEMA, located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, booth #25133; and visit our website at www.driv.com.
About DRiVTM - the future Aftermarket and Ride Performance Company
Following Tenneco Inc.'s expected separation to form two independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV™) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, DRiV will be one of the largest global multi-line, multi-brand aftermarket companies, and one of the largest global OE ride performance and braking companies. DRiV's principal product brands will feature Monroe®, Öhlins®, Walker®, Clevite® Elastomers, MOOG®, Fel-Pro®, Wagner®, Ferodo®, Champion® and others. DRiV would have 2018 pro-forma revenues of $6.4 billion, with 54% of those revenues from aftermarket and 46% from original equipment customers.