2020 Audi S6 Sport Preview
HERNDON, Va., July 24, 2019 – With the latest in innovative technologies including benchmark infotainment, combined with a dynamic driving experience thanks to a new twin-turbocharged 2.9-liter V6 engine, as well as an S model interior and exterior design elements, the all-new 2020 S6 delivers everything customers expect from a true luxury sports sedan.
Powertrain and performance
- The S6 features a new 2.9-liter TFSI® V6 engine, developed specifically to produce a wider range of torque when combined with an electric compressor powered by the 48V MHEV system. Using this set up, the S6 is able to achieve 444 horsepower, 443 lb-ft of torque and can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds.
- With a response time under 250 milliseconds, and a maximum speed of 70,000 rpm, the first-ever electric power compressor offered by Audi in the U.S. pre-empts turbo lag, enabling immediate responsiveness and powerful acceleration in any driving situation.
- New for 2020, the S6 is standard equipped with an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission that is well-suited for the low-end torque of the V6 engine, making it possible for the engine to consistently run near its ideal engine speed.
- The S6 is equipped with standard quattro® all-wheel drive offering high-precision handling through active torque distribution to both axles. In regular driving situations, the system delivers 60 percent of the torque to the rear axle and 40 percent to the front. However, when needed, power can be redirected to the opposite axle, with up to 70 percent of torque to the front or up to 85 percent to the rear axle. Wheel-selective torque control can help enhance sporty handling by ensuring additional traction across each axle through individual-wheel braking application.
- The available quattro® sport differential offers a more dynamic driving experience and enhances cornering agility by actively splitting torque between each of the rear wheels, with the ability to direct nearly all torque to one wheel.
- The available S sport package adds dynamic all-wheel steering, which can provide increased handling and stability at all speeds, sport exhaust, and red brake calipers.
- The available sport suspensions with adaptive dampers can be combined with the S sport package, and is the most dynamic iteration of the S6, enabling the driver to choose between a sporty or comfortable ride depending on the drive select setting.
Exterior and interior design
- The exterior of the S6 is differentiated by its sporty design elements including S-model bumpers, platinum double-slat Singleframe® grille and aluminum exterior side mirrors.
- The alu-optic front splitter creates a feeling of width at the front of the vehicle, connecting the two lower air inlets. At the rear, the S6 features four S-specific tailpipes and a rear diffuser inlay in black chrome matte.
- The S6 comes standard equipped with 20-inch, 5-arm design wheels with summer performance tires or available 21-inch, 5-twin-spoke V-design wheels with summer performance tires.
- On the interior, the S6 features a heated, 3-spoke multifunction heated steering wheel with S emblem, Valcona leather S sport seats with diamond stitch and stainless steel doorsills with an illuminated S logo.
- An available black optic package adds a black exterior kit with black exterior mirror housings and 21-inch 5-V-spoke star wheels in anthracite with summer tires.
Additional product highlights
- The S6, while offering outstanding performance, also integrates benchmark technologies from the A6 including an available full-color head-up display, standard MMI Navigation with MMI touch response® system (10.1-inch upper, 8.6-inch lower), Audi smartphone interface that provides Apple CarPlay® and Google™ Android Auto integration for compatible devices and available Bang & Olufsen 3D Advanced Sound System.
- Also standard in the S6 is the Audi virtual cockpit, which helps to enhance the infotainment and navigating experience through the large Google Earth™ imager or 3D city maps (requires Audi connect PRIME subscription) supported with 4G LTE (where available).
- A full suite of standard and available driver assistance features, including adaptive cruise assist with traffic jam and turn assist and, Audi side assist with rear cross-traffic assist and vehicle exit warning, can help drivers navigate the road and traffic with increased confidence.
MSRP Pricing Detail:
Model year 2020 S6 starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
2020 Audi S6
*Starting MSRP of $73,900 for a 2020 Audi S6 2.9 V6 TFSI quattro® with automatic transmission. Price excludes destination charge ($995), taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information, visit www.media.audiusa.com
– End –
ABOUT AUDI OF AMERICA
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands, delivering about 1.812 million vehicles globally in 2018. In the U.S., Audi of America sold nearly 224,000 vehicles in 2018. 2019 marks 50 years for the brand in the U.S. Visit audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
This information and any vehicle specifications are preliminary and subject to change.
Always obey local speed and traffic laws.
Summer tires may ride less comfortably, make more noise, and wear more quickly than other choices. To avoid tire, rim, or vehicle damage, it is important that inflation pressure is regularly checked and maintained at optimum levels. High- performance tires are designed for optimum performance and handling in warm climates and are not suitable for cold, snowy, or icy weather conditions. When driving during cold, snowy, or icy weather conditions, ensure that your vehicle is equipped with appropriate all-season or winter weather tires. Tires are supplied and warranted by their manufacturer.
MMI Navigation plus depends on signals from the worldwide Global Positioning Satellite network. The vehicle's electrical system, and existing wireless and satellite technologies, must be available and operating properly for the system to function. The system is designed to provide you with suggested routes in locating addresses, destination and other points of interest. Changes in street names, construction zones, traffic flow, points of interest and other road system changes are beyond the control of Audi of America, Inc. Complete detailed mapping of lanes, roads, streets, toll roads, highways, etc., is not possible, therefore you may encounter discrepancies between the mapping and your actual location. Please rely on your individual judgment in determining whether or not to follow a suggested MMI Navigation plus.
When using MMI touch response system, always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. The Wi-Fi hotspot feature is intended for passenger use only. 4G LTE coverage is not available in all areas. Wifi feature is provided through Connect PLUS. Connect PLUS features and technologies are optional, may require an additional subscription with separate terms and conditions, and should be used only when it is safe and appropriate. See materials provided by wireless carrier for terms, privacy, data security details. Returning devices connect automatically and use plan data unless hotspot is removed from device settings.
Driver Assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.