2020 Chevrolet Camaro Preview
Concept-inspired SS appearance, new LT1 V-8 model and 10-speed option with the 3.6L V-6
DETROIT May 2019; A new front-end appearance for the SS and a new LT1 V-8 performance model add style and choice to the 2020 Camaro lineup, while a newly available 10-speed automatic transmission enhances models equipped with the available 3.6L V-6 engine.
The new Camaro SS front-end appearance is based on the distinctive design of the Camaro Shock show vehicle that debuted last fall at the SEMA Show. The SS now features a repositioned bowtie emblem in the upper grille and a body-color bar between the upper and lower grilles.
“Customers spoke, and we listened,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “The overwhelmingly positive reaction to the Shock’s stylized design helped prompt its transition from concept to production.”
The new LT1 model combines the content and design of the Camaro LT (1LT trim) and SS. It is powered by the 455-horsepower (339 kW) LT1 engine, making it the most affordable choice for V-8 performance in the Camaro lineup with a starting MSRP of $34,9951 (including destination).
The Camaro LT1 is offered in coupe and convertible models, with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an available 10-speed automatic. Additional details include:
- LT exterior styling combined with the SS’s vented hood.
- LT1 fender badges and black bowtie emblems.
- 20-inch x 8.5-inch SS style wheels at all four corners and all-season tires (versus the SS’s staggered wheels and summer performance tires).
- Available Technology Package, including the Chevrolet infotainment system2 with 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and Bose premium audio system.
“The new Camaro LT1 is a great choice for those seeking a pure V-8 performance experience,” said Majoros. “And at less than $35,000, it will be one of the most affordable V-8 performers on the market.”
New 10-speed automatic and more
A newly available 10-speed automatic transmission is now matched with the 3.6L V-6 engine in Camaro LT models. It is based on the 10-speed design offered with the Camaro SS and ZL1 but tailored for the performance parameters of the V-6.
Additional 2020 updates include a new exterior color and an expanded range of available features across the lineup, giving customers more ways to personalize their new Camaro:
- Rally Green exterior color.
- Rear spoiler available on LS and LT (previously RS package only).
- Dark-tinted taillamps available on LS and LT.
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels available on LT, LT1 and SS.
- Red or orange brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models.
- Red seat belts available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
- Red kneepads available on all models.
- RECARO performance seats available on LT (previously 1LE only).
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob trim available on LT and SS (previously ZL1 and 1LE only).
- Alloy pedals available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
- Black bowtie badges and Camaro fender badge available on LT.
- Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White leather interiors now available on 2LT (previously 3LT and 2SS only).
- 3LT now comes standard with the 2.0L Turbo engine and the Convenience and Lighting package (previously optional).
On sale early fall
The 2020 Camaro lineup goes on sale early this fall, with production at General Motors’ Lansing Grand River Assembly facility in Michigan.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
1MSRP excludes tax, title, license and dealer fees. Optional equipment is extra.
2Infotainment system functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.