BMW’s Annual “Ultimate Driving Experience” Experiential Driving Event Returns
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – April 11, 2019… BMW’s annual Ultimate Driving Experience is back! Building on past success, BMW’s signature experiential driving event returns this year to an expanded, 16-city line-up, with new program components in select cities. The Ultimate Driving Experience invites consumers, from coast-to-coast, to get behind the wheel and experience “The Ultimate Driving Machine” first-hand.
This year, drivers will experience some of BMW’s newest and most exciting vehicles – including the all-new, redesigned BMW 3 series – on an exhilarating closed autocross course and in extended street drives. Additionally, for the first time, consumers in five markets will also have the opportunity to experience the power of the first-ever BMW X7 Sports Activity Vehicle on a hill-descent obstacle course and learn first-hand about some of BMW’s newest Advanced
Driver Assistance Systems including: Frontal Collision Warning, Backup Assistant and Parking Assistant.
“There’s no better way to experience the Ultimate Driving Machine than from the driver’s seat, so we’ve tripled the number of cities where we’ll offer the Ultimate Driving Experience this year in order to give more people than ever before that opportunity,” said Trudy Hardy, vice president of marketing, BMW of North America. "We’ve also added several new program elements to showcase the incredible performance behind our latest models, like our first-ever BMW X7, and demonstrate some of our most advanced new driving technologies.”
The 2019 BMW Ultimate Driving Experience launched on April 4 in Washington, D.C. at FedEx Field. In the following five markets, including East Rutherford, NJ this weekend, the tour will feature multiple immersive experiences.
East Rutherford, NJ
Hard Rock Stadium
July 27 - August 2
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Anita Park
New York City, NY
- Autocross: An exciting, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 330i Sports Sedan. Registered attendees will be paired with BMW’s professional driving instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights BMW technology and safety features and culminates in a pulse-pounding lap around the track.
- Street Drives: All registered consumers can participate in a self-guided test drive in a full range of BMW vehicles.
- Teen Driving School: Young drivers are given an introduction to basic driving theory and skills in this BMW Performance Center-derived program. The fully interactive course features both hands-on driving exercises in a BMW X2 Sports Activity Vehicle, and classroom education focusing on the consequences of distracted driving. Drivers who are 15-20 years old with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license are eligible.
- Innovations Area: Registered consumers are invited to test the off-road capabilities of the BMW X7 Sports Activity Vehicle and are given an opportunity to interact with some of BMW’s newest Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, including: Frontal Collision Warning, Backup Assistant and Parking Assistant.
- M Car Control Clinic: Drivers get behind the wheel of a powerful BMW M2 or M4 for an adrenaline-filled day of advanced driving theory and individual instruction from-certified professional instructors from the BMW Performance Centers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance. The M Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750 per person.
In 10 more markets, BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience will feature the Autocross experience with the all-new, redesigned BMW 3 series, and a Street Drive experience with the BMW X7 Sports Activity Vehicle:
Citizens Bank Park
May 31 - June 2
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Lone Star Park
Portland Expo Center
Orange County, CA
OC Fair & Event Center
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience please visit: https://ude.bmwusa.com/ or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change.