Before You Buy Car Insurance "Research" Don't Be A Putz
There are many insurance carriers that can offer better insurance deals. Although there are many policyholders that can be tempted to accept these better offers, in some cases they will have to pay more if they decide to switch their insurance providers. Before switching the insurance carriers, drivers are advised to get insurance quotes and see what they will gain and what they lose if they decide to switch their current insurance providers.
Before switching carriers, drivers should consider the following steps:
- Analyze the reasons for switching insurance providers. The most common reason why drivers decide to switch their insurance carriers is the high costs of the insurance rates. Other popular reasons are poor claims service, rude or unsatisfactory customer support, regular premium increases, and the fact that the policyholder is moving to another state.
- Avoid insurance lapses. Drivers are strongly advised to purchase a policy before canceling the old one. In some states, policyholders will be severely penalized if they don’t have continuous coverage on their registered vehicles.
- Policyholders should analyze the disadvantages. There are several insurance companies that will charge the drivers an early cancelation fee. Also, drivers that stayed with the same provider for a number of years will potentially lose several discounts like the loyalty bonus, no-claim bonus, or good driver discount.
- Drivers should ensure they canceled their old policies. It is recommended to do that in writing. Also, in many states, the insurance companies will request the new policy number in order to inform the authorities about the driver's continuous coverage.
- Confirm the cancelation and ask for a refund. There are cases when an insurance company automatically renewed the old policy and then cancel it for nonpayment. Also, policyholders can ask for a refund of their unused premium.
- Compare online quotes. Drivers are recommended to compare multiple online insurance quotes before they decide to switch their carriers. Online quotes will help them decide if it’s worth it to switch their current insurance carriers.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://cheapquotesautoinsurance.com/
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com has launched a new blog post that explains why drivers should be comparing multiple car insurance quotes before they decide to switch their current carriers.
For more info and free quotes, please visit https://cheapquotesautoinsurance.com/why-getting-quotes-is-the-smart-thing-to-do-before-switching-carriers/