Redesigned Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe - A New Take on Extraordinary
The GLC Coupe impresses with its distinctive appearance, innovative driver assistance systems, a new engine and the latest generation of the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) multimedia system with its wide range of control options. The enhanced driver assistance systems have been expanded to include the new exit-warning function.
Mesmerizing coupe rear: elegant exterior design
The GLC Coupe is characterized by its dynamic appearance and elegant lines. Hallmark features include the dominant front end, powerful forms and standard-fit chrome details like the front and rear underride guards. Its coupe character shines through in the squat silhouette with the dropping roofline and rounded rear window. Highlights at the front end include the powerfully contoured diamond-block grille with an integrated star and single louvre typical of a coupe, complemented by the distinctive air intakes and the new contours of the standard LED Headlamps.
The GLC Coupe demonstrates how the design features of a coupe can be seamlessly harmonized with those of an SUV. With its dropping roofline, the greenhouse fits perfectly into the silhouette and the feature line in combination with the eye-catching chrome strip on the high beltline, the muscular shoulders and the rearwards-ascending light-catching contour. On top of this, the dynamic proportions and the generous ground clearance emphasize the GLC Coupe's sporty appeal while maintaining the benefits of an SUV.
Intelligence and convenience: the interior
The multifunctional touchpad on the center console improves operating convenience even further, and replaces the rotary pushbutton, while the infotainment system has larger touchscreen displays with 12.3 inches in the instrument cluster and 10.25 inches (with 1920 x 720 pixels) in the central display. In addition, the latest generation of the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) multimedia system boasts intuitive logic and a wide range of control options. There are five different ways to interact with the GLC's infotainment system:
- By touch control on the center multimedia display
- Using the Touch Control Buttons on the multifunction steering wheel
- With the multifunction Touchpad on the center console
- Using the gesture/movement recognition of MBUX Interior Assistant
- By Voice Control, either with the button on the steering wheel or the "Hey Mercedes" prompt
Increased efficiency: new engine
At market launch, the GLC Coupe will be available with a new and enhanced 2.0-liter inline-4 turbo engine capable of 255 hp and 273 lb-ft.
The GLC Coupe at a glance
- Expressive design: The stylish appearance of the new Coupe generation encapsulates the Sensual Purity design philosophy and combines the flexibility of an SUV with the sense of style and sportiness of a coupe. The A-pillars have a more pronounced slope, which lowers the roof silhouette. The model owes much of its extraordinary character to the diamond radiator grille, which is available in silver as standard or black in conjunction with the Night package, featuring a chrome trim incorporating formal elements of the underride guard. Further eye-catching features include the standard LED headlamps with their new torch design and unmistakable light signature. The elegant lines are drawn to a successful conclusion by the compact rear end featuring a new-look diffuser with underride guard and tailpipe trims as well as full-LED taillamps.
- MBUX - Innovative telematics: The combination of the touchscreen displays, navigation with augmented reality, intelligent voice control via the talk button or the "Hey Mercedes" prompt, connectivity and the user interface makes the GLC Coupe state-of-the-art.
- Advanced assistance systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC® and Active Steering Assist provide even more comfortable support to help the driver to keep a safe distance and steer. The speed is adjusted automatically ahead of bends or junctions. Active Steering Assist helps the vehicle stay in its lane and change lanes.
- The risk of potential collisions can be reduced with Active Brake Assist by braking if the driver fails to see oncoming traffic.
The redesigned GLC Coupe will celebrate its World Premiere at the New York International Auto Show in April and will go on sale in the U.S. by late 2019.