DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Connected Car: Still in First Gear for Merchant Commerce" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Connected Car: Still in First Gear for Merchant Commerce, discusses the emerging market for consumers in cars to order and pay for items such as food, fuel, beverages, and parking using technology built into the car.
Cars have become more than just basic transportation. Technology drives automotive innovation, and the typical car now contains between 25 and 50 microprocessors.
Cars are becoming rolling mobile devices for on-the-go consumers to order and pay for coffee or a snack, as well as for the convenience of ordering meals for takeout or delivery. Drivers and passengers accustomed to ordering from the car on their mobile phones will someday consider mobile ordering and paying using technology built in the connected car as a regular part their daily commute.
For now, however, the landscape of connected car systems remains fragmented and evolving. The connected car has a way to go before it achieves wide acceptance by consumers and merchants, said the author of this report.
Highlights of this research report include:
- Early attempts to commercialize connected car commerce
- Connected car payments market opportunities
- Current connected car ecosystem
- Vertical market growth prospects
- Opportunities and challenges impacting connected car systems
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Cars as Data Collectors and Transmitters
- The Roots of Connected Car Systems
- Connected Car Commerce Systems Have Two Roads for Now
- GM Marketplace as a Rolling Mobile Order and Pay
- The Market Opportunity for Connected Car Commerce
- Fragmented Players and Ecosystem
- Some Payment Providers Take Notice
- Verticals That Hold Promise for Growth
- Conversational Commerce Will Enhance Connected Car Commerce
- Challenges and Opportunities for Connected Car Commerce
- Conclusions and Implications
- Best Buy
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Exxon Mobil
- Fiat Chrysler
- General Motors
- Sirius XM
- TGI Fridays
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tmgrjz/connected_car?w=4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Telematics and Vehicle Electronics, Internet of Things and M2M