Ford F-Series, Vans Combine for Best Sales Since 2005, F-Series Sales Increase for 16th Consecutive Month, Ford SUVs Climb 21 Percent; Lincoln Navigator Up 102 Percent
DEARBORN, MI - September 4, 2018: Ford Motor Company today reported its August 2018 U.S. sales results. Ford will begin its monthly sales call at 10 a.m. EDT this morning when Erich Merkle, Ford U.S. sales analyst, will host a conference call for the investment community and news media to discuss the results and related market trends. He will be joined by Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, and Bryan Bezold, Ford senior Americas economist.
• Ford Motor Company’s August U.S. sales totaled 218,504 vehicles – an increase of 4.1 percent overall and 1.1 percent at retail.
• Fleet sales of 52,710 vehicles climbed 15.0 percent, with commercial fleet turning in a strong 20 percent gain.
• Ford’s overall average transaction pricing expanded $1,400 in August, growing at twice the rate of the overall industry average.
• Ford is America’s top seller of trucks, SUVs and vans combined, with these vehicles totaling 174,443 sales last month – a gain of 11.4 percent; this year, Ford brand pickups, vans and SUVs posted sales of 1,300,400 vehicles – up 3.5 percent.
• Ford F-Series marked its 16th consecutive month of year-over-year gains, on sales of 81,839 pickups, making it the best August F-Series month since 2005.
• Ford brand SUVs post a 21 percent increase last month, on sales of 72,270 vehicles.
• Both Ford Expedition and Ford Explorer turned in big months; Expedition was up 94.6 percent, while Explorer gained 19.2 percent.
• Sales of Ford Mustang climbed 35.3 percent for August, with total sales of 7,487 cars.
• As one of the hottest vehicles in America, all-new Lincoln Navigator continues its dash off dealer lots, with sales up 101.6 percent in August.