AccuWeather & Garmin To Show Off New Driver Centric Integrated Weather Innovation at TU-Automotive Show
Each year in the U.S., there are over 1.3 million crashes that are weather-related. AccuWeather Go monitors all drive-relevant weather conditions and provides drivers peace of mind, offering advance notification of impending weather that will impact a route, down to the minute. The service notifies drivers of the precise location and time that snow and ice, heavy rain and thunderstorms, high winds, and tornadoes will occur, and how long they will last.
AccuWeather's new waypoint-based API seamlessly integrates the patented AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute-by-Minute hyperlocal forecast data with navigation services based on a user's specific route. AccuWeather Go's hyperlocal data runs dynamic analysis of road segments as short as 1km, updating every 1 - 2 minutes to address rapidly changing conditions up to 2 hours out.
AccuWeather Go brings the power of minute-by-minute forecasts to drivers, providing increased situational awareness and safety on the road ahead. Know when weather events will begin and how long they will last, and their severity, every minute along a route. This next level personalized weather innovation provides actionable information helping drivers better understand and navigate the weather situations they encounter on the road.
- Route-specific, 1 kilometer resolution
- Monitors all weather conditions relevant to the drive
- Refreshes every 1-2 minutes for the next 2 hours
Benefits & Capabilities
- Hyper-local, minute-by-minute forecasts along every segment of your route
- Avoid hazards such as ice, snow, heavy rain, lightning, hail, heavy wind, tornadoes, flash floods and sun glare
- Select the safest route and departure time based on trip-level weather safety assessments