On-Demand Transportation Market Size Worth $290.3 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2018 --
The global on-demand transportation market size is expected to reach USD 290.3 billion by 2025, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 20.4% during the forecast period. Rising penetration of smartphones and connected vehicles is increasing the adoption of on-demand transportation services such as e-hailing, car sharing, car rental, and station-based mobility. These services enable users to pre-book, modify, or cancel their taxi reservations via mobile applications such as Uber and Gett.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160524/371361LOGO )
Advancements in IT infrastructure and growing usage of car sharing services by millennials are anticipated to drive the adoption of on-demand transportation services in Europe. The Asia Pacific regional market is estimated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period, owing to increased traffic and fuel prices. Government initiatives, such as Smart Mobility 2030 plan of the Land Transport Authority of Singapore, are also likely to bolster the growth of the market.
However, issues regarding poor connectivity and high costs of developing infrastructure may hamper the growth of the market. Therefore, car sharing service providers are focusing on developing car-sharing applications, which do not require internet connectivity for accessing them.
Browse full research report with TOC on "On-Demand Transportation Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service Type (E-Hailing, Car Rental, Car Sharing), By Vehicle Type, By Vehicle Connectivity (V2V, V2P), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/on-demand-transportation-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- E-hailing services is poised to be the fastest growing segment by registering a CAGR of 21.1% over the forecast period, as these services provide flexibility to users by allowing them to reserve taxis through an application
- Micro mobility provides benefits such as reduced fuel consumption. The segment is projected to register the highest CAGR of 25.5% over the forecast period
- The vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P) connectivity segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 22.3% over the forecast period. V2P helps connect pedestrians with vehicles via a wireless network and enhances safety by providing real-time traffic information
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the most promising region during the forecast period due to increased traffic and vehicle costs in countries such as Japan and China
- Some of the prominent industry participants are International Business Machines Corporation (IBM); BMW Group; Daimler Group; Ford Motor Company; General Motor Company; Gett, Inc.; and Robert Bosch GmbH.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Machine Vision And Vision Guided Robotics Market - Increasing compatibility with different systems and demand for smart cameras is expected to drive the machine vision and vision guided robotics market.
- Aerial Imaging Market - Increasing application areas is expected to provide growth avenues to the aerial imaging market.
- Machine Translation Market - Need for enabling global collaboration among employees is expected to drive machine translation market growth over the forecast period.
- Screenless Display Market - The global screenless display market size was USD 885 million in 2013. The technology aims at transmitting information without the help of a projector or screen.
Grand View Research has segmented the global On-Demand Transportation market based on service type, vehicle type, vehicle connectivity, and regions:
- On-Demand Transportation Service Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Car Sharing
- Car Rental
- Station-Based Mobility
- On-Demand Transportation Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Micro Mobility
- On-Demand Transportation Vehicle Connectivity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- On-Demand Transportation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.