Mazda January 2018 US Sales Best Since January 1994
Mazda CX-5 Posts 10th Consecutive Record Sales Month
February 1, 2018
IRVINE, Calif. (February 1, 2018) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total January U.S. sales of 24,962 vehicles, representing an increase of 15.0 percent versus January of last year. Popularity of Mazda’s crossover SUVs drove record sales, as Mazda posts its best January in 24 years.
Key January sales notes:
- The Mazda CX-5 recorded its 10th consecutive record sales month, with 13,463 vehicles sold in the month of January. This number represents an increase of 66.9 percent versus January of last year.
- In line with growing consumer demand, sales of Mazda’s subcompact crossover SUV, the Mazda CX-3, rose 14.0 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 1,350 vehicles sold in the month of January.
- Posting its best-ever January since first going on sale in 2007, the Mazda CX-9 finished the month up 46.8 percent YOY. Total January sales of the Mazda CX-9 were 2,336 vehicles.
- Mazda’s CX-line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, led the sales charge in January, resulting in Mazda‘s best January sales in 24 years. Collectively, Mazda sold 17,149 crossover SUVs in the month of January, marking an increase of 58.2 percent YOY.
- Among Mazda CX-line buyers, Mazda‘s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite, with 56.0 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in January.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,561 vehicles, marking an increase of 12 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported January sales of 4,720 vehicles, down 0.8 percent versus January of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #