Ford Introduces Free Service App for Smartphone Users
BRENTWOOD, ESSEX UK -- May 11, 2015: Ford has introduced a new service app designed to benefit the owners of Ford vehicles within the UK and across Europe.
The Ford service app, available to download for free on Apple iOS and Google Android devices, provides the user with local information and useful tips, including an ability to locate the nearest petrol station or Ford dealer.
A number of safety provisions are also available to the user. Using GPS, the app can identify the location of an accident anywhere in Europe and connect to the emergency services through the Ford Helpline. The app also provides first aid tips, including how to rescue someone from a vehicle and correctly place them in the recovery position, and safety instructions for what to do at the scene of an accident.
The service app enables the user to:
- Connect to the Ford Assistance Helpline in an emergency, using GPS to provide a location anywhere in Europe.
- Locate the nearest Ford dealer within the UK, providing an address, contact number and option to book a vehicle service.
- Identify international traffic signs and rules when driving abroad, and the function of vehicle warning lamps on the instrument panel. It also includes a Ford Technology guide with videos explaining Ford vehicle technologies.
- Browse Ford’s range of vehicle accessories.
- Find out more about Ford’s BlueService package, including Motorcraft 4+.
- Create a road trip or holiday checklist of what is required while travelling, including a ‘Park Me’ feature, which logs the location of where a vehicle is parked, and tracks the time elapsed since a parking ticket was issued.
- Create a ‘damage report’, which can generate a PDF report at the scene of an accident.
This is the latest addition to Ford’s universal commitment to its retail customers, known as Ford BlueService. It is a collection of promises to assure customers that Ford is always by their side and ready to support them. Ford dealers can offer customers convenience through Online Service Booking, Ford One Call and Collection and delivery; trust and added value through Ford eCHECK and vehicle cleaning; and reassurance through complimentary comprehensive Roadside Assistance and Ford Accident Management.
Ford dealers offer a range of Motorcraft 4+ services to owners of vehicles which are more than four years old. This includes minor services for RRP £125 (including Roadside assistance), plus transparent, competitive pricing on tyres and common repairs and parts. Since its introduction visits by customers driving four year+ vehicles are up by 10 per cent and the average age of vehicle using the Motorcraft programme is 7.3 years old.