PROVIDENCE, RI--August 27, 2013: As cool August nights set in and summer begins to wind down, AAA Southern New England's Horizons will debut the top fall foliage destinations for the upcoming season. AAA announced today that the September issue of Horizons will share expert advice and recommendations to help families, travel enthusiasts and leaf-peepers take advantage of the beautiful landscape across the New England region.
“As a resource, the September issue of Horizons will make it easier than ever before for AAA members to plan their autumn trips and have everything they need, from destinations to discounts, in one place.”
Horizons is the official monthly print publication and online magazine for AAA Southern New England members living in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and NewÂ Hampshire. The September issue will feature destination and activity ideas for couples, friends and families, as well as discounts and tips for keeping travel smooth and kids entertained. Articles will give readers a first-hand look into seasonal attractions in their own backyards, including:
- Insight into the Blue Ridge Parkway and making the most of your Parkway drive trip
- Photography tips to get the best shot
- Attractions along New York State's Route 9 in the Hudson River Valley
- A walk-through of the Connecticut Barns Trail
- A round-up of zip line tours for an unconventional view of the changing fall foliage
- Attractions in Franconia Notch, including the former site of the Old Man of the Mountain
"The fall season is a great --if not underrated --l destinations certainly have plenty to offer," said Christine McDermott, Director of Publications for AAA Southern New England. "As a resource, the September issue of Horizons will make it easier than ever before for AAA members to plan their autumn trips and have everything they need, from destinations to discounts, in one place."