LIVE from 2013 Geneva Motor Show: Corvette Stingray Press Conference +VIDEO
Watch the complete Chevrolet Press Conference featuring the all new Corvette Stingray convertible right here on The Auto Channel
GENEVA - March 4, 2013: Chevrolet will be broadcasting the introduction of the Corvette Stingray convertible at 2:30AM EST on Tuesday morning (that's 11:30PM west coast time tonight). Scroll down to bottom of the page to watch the live broadcast
The all new Corvette Stingray hardtop recently made its global debut at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show this past January.
Chevrolet continues to redefine modern performance with the all-new Corvette Stingray convertible. And only a Corvette with the perfect balance of technology, design and performance can wear the iconic Stingray designation.The 2014 Corvette Stingray is the most powerful standard model ever, with an estimated 450 horsepower (335 kW) and 450 lb.-ft. of torque (610 Nm). It is also the most capable standard model ever, able to accelerate from 0-60 in less than four seconds and achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It is expected to be the most fuel-efficient Corvette, exceeding the EPA-estimated 26 mpg of the current model.
The all-new Corvette Stingray shares only two parts with the previous generation Corvette. It incorporates an all-new frame structure a
nd chassis, a new powertrain and supporting technologies, as well as completely new exterior and interior designs. Highlights include:
• An interior that includes real carbon fiber, aluminum and hand-wrapped leather materials, two new seat choices each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support and dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens
• Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to the fit the driver's environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time
• An all-new 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine combines advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system that delivers more power while using less fuel
• Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio
• A sculptured exterior features advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability
Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability.