Chrysler Group to Feature Mopar Garage at 2013 North American International Auto Show
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 12, 2013 --
- 1,015 sq.-ft. garage and more than 300 quality-tested Mopar performance parts and accessories
- Exhibit to feature full line of Mopar custom, commercial-grade cabinetry and toolboxes
Chrysler Group LLC will be parking a garage at this year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit . . . and walls of Mopar parts and accessories for the company's Dodge Dart, Fiat 500 and SRT Viper.
A 1,015 sq.-ft. garage exhibit will feature select Mopar parts and accessories for the all-new 2013 SRT Viper and Dodge Dart. In the Fiat display, a glass wall of Mopar parts and accessories for the Fiat 500 will also be on display. In total, more than 300 Mopar performance parts and accessories will be shown.
"Mopar offers more than 500,000 quality-tested parts and accessories throughout the world," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "We want to give show-goers a glimpse of how they can personalize and accessorize some of our new vehicles and furnish their garage in full Mopar style."
Inside of the Mopar garage will be a fully Moparized all-new 2013 SRT Viper and the Dodge Dart Slingshot. In addition to these vehicles and other parts, accessories and Moparabilia, both NHRA 2012 championship trophies won by Pro Stock driver Allen Johnson and Funny Car racer Jack Beckman will also be highlighted in the display.
For show-goers who want to create their own Mopar garage, Mopar now offers high-end commercial-grade toolboxes that feature the brand's logo and are available in three colors: Mopar Blue, HEMI Orange and White. Mopar will also introduce a full line of standard and commercial-grade custom cabinetry. Customers may visit www.wearmopar.com to purchase toolboxes and other Moparabilia.
Other Moparized vehicles that will be on display include a Moparized Chrysler Town & Country and the Jeep Sand Trooper that was revealed at last year's SEMA show in Las Vegas, an ultimate off-road vehicle that highlights features from Mopar's new Jeep Performance Parts portfolio.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates
leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA vehicles â€” a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s â€” the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.